Aptilo Fast-Tracks GDPR Compliance for Wi-Fi Services
MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS, BARCELONA, Spain, February 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
Aptilo Networks debuts new consent and privacy self-management tools in the Aptilo Service Management Platform™ (SMP) that fast-track GDPR compliance for new or existing Wi-Fi services. The new features include smart consent pop-ups and privacy self-management tools. These tools make it easy for providers of Wi-Fi services to give users control of their personal data.
(Photo: https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/645204/Aptilo_GDPR_Compliance.jpg )
(Logo: http://mma.prnewswire.com/media/492832/Aptilo_Logo.jpg )
All providers of Wi-Fi services in Europe must comply with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) by May 25, 2018 or face heavy fines.
Gone are the days when consent for the use of personal data was buried in a "General Terms link. Now, individuals must understand exactly what they have consented to.
This means that an end-user must give specific consent for each personal data and agree on how it will be used.
Innovative features make Aptilo SMP the most complete GDPR solution for Wi-Fi services available:
Flexible Consent Management
- Smart Consent Pop-Ups: Only the relevant consent with terms for the access method used, such as Facebook login or click-and-connect, is dynamically shown. A change of the consent or term will automatically trigger the pop-up for returning users.
- Separate captive portal design: You can manage user consents over time and update texts without disruptive changes to the portal.
- Easy to handle consent over time: Revision-handling of changed consent improves traceability.
Personal Data Management
- Privacy self-management: End-users can view, correct, export and delete ('Forget me') personal data, and handle associated consents.
- Configurable time that personal session data are saved or aggregated and thus anonymized for analytics.
"There is strong demand from users worldwide for privacy solutions. It makes good business sense for providers of Wi-Fi services to adopt user privacy protections, whether to meet compliance for regulations such as GDPR or to remain competitive," said Per Knutsson, Chief Security Officer, Aptilo Networks.
Learn more at Aptilo Stand 5G66 at Mobile World Congress.
About Aptilo Networks
Aptilo Networks is a leading provider of carrier-class systems to manage data services with advanced functions for authentication, policy control and charging. Aptilo Service Management Platform™ (SMP) has become synonymous with Wi-Fi service management and Wi-Fi offload in large-scale deployments with 100+ operators in more than 75 countries, and is a critical component of Wi-Fi calling and IoT. For more information visit http://www.aptilo.com.
SOURCE Aptilo Networks
[ Back To Mobile World Congress's Homepage ]