No software or hardware techniques are employed to capture a visitor's e-mail address without their knowledge. Visitors need not register or give any personal identification to read the basic sections of this site.
TMC’s Websites and Services are not intended for, nor designed to attract, individuals under the age of eighteen. TMC does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of eighteen.
You may manage your e-mail newsletter subscriptions with TMC at any time, including removing yourself from our e-mail lists, by going to www.tmcnet.com/enews/. We do collect e-mail addresses submitted in our Forums, but we will not publish your e-mail if you elect to keep it hidden from other users. We do not use e-mail addresses collected in the Forums for any type of corporate mailings. We also do not collect or in any way use the e-mail addresses involved in our "E-mail this article to a friend" feature.
Information That Identifies You
We rely on the information you provide to us as you register, contact us, participate in surveys, post comments to public areas of and interact with our web sites, respond to our email campaigns, and participate in webinars or online events. We will add information about how you interact with our offerings, your subscriptions, the events you attend, the content you download or read, and the like.
We may ask for and collect personal information such as your name, company name, title, physical address, phone number and email address when you register for or attend a live TMC conference or trade show.
Name, email address, and other contact information. We ask for and—at your option—collect personal information from you when you submit web forms on our Websites, including opportunities to sign up for and agree to receive email communications from us. We also may ask you to submit such personal information if you choose to use interactive features of the Websites, including participation in surveys, downloading of industry research, or otherwise communicating with us. We will send such communications in accordance with applicable law. Log Files. Just as when you visit and interact with most websites and services delivered via the Internet, when you visit TMC Websites, we gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include but is not limited to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, system configuration information, URLs of referring pages, and locale and language preferences.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
TMC's Websites may offer publicly accessible blogs, community forums, comments sections, discussion forums, or other interactive features (“Interactive Areas”). If you choose to participate in any of these Interactive Areas, please be aware that that any information that you post in an Interactive Area might be read, collected, and used by others who access it. If you wish to remove your personal information from any of our Interactive Areas, please see the section below entitled, Your Data Rights.
Customer Account Information.
When you register for a TMC live conference or trade show, or apply to participate in the TMC Awards Program, we collect your name, company, title, physical address, phone number, email address, website address and select demographic information regarding your job function and company type. In addition, payment information is collected for certain services. This Customer Account Information is required to identify you as a Customer and permit you to access the events for which you have chosen to register. By voluntarily providing us with such Customer Account Information, you represent that you are the owner of such personal data or otherwise have the requisite consent to provide it to us.
You are not required to enter your credit card information unless and until you decide to continue with the purchase of a conference pass to a TMC conference or trade show, or apply for consideration in a TMC Awards program. When you sign up for one of our paid Services, you must provide billing information. The information you will need to submit depends on which billing method you choose. For example, if you pay with a credit card, we will collect your card information and billing address, although we do not store full credit card numbers or personal account numbers.
How We Use Information That Identifies You
We use information about you:
- To provide the services, publications, and information you request and to manage your account with us.
- To deliver or display content that matches your professional interests and responsibilities.
- To contact you with information about and invitations for products and services - ours and other companies - directed to your professional interests and responsibilities.
- To contact you, advertise to you or invite you to join us on social media platforms on which you participate.
- For any other purpose that we tell you about when you give us the information.
How We Share Information About You
When you choose to take advantage of content provided by a TMC partner or client, you choose to have your name and contact details transferred directly to the other companies. We will put you in direct contact with other companies when you choose to:
- Access a specific webcast, webinar, piece of industry research or other offering which is sponsored or co-sponsored by TMC partners or clients. If you have enabled our automatic recognition cookie, as described below, you need only click to download or register for the asset or opportunity. You can learn about the sponsors and co-sponsors of the event for which you are registering on the registration website.
- Attend a TMC conference or trade show. An event attendance list may be given to all exhibitors at the event. It is up to you, however, to decide whether to leave your business card or allow your badge to be read by a particular exhibitor. Badges cannot be read remotely. A sponsor of a special, sponsored conference session will also be given information about you if you choose to attend that company's session. Your future interaction with online content from an exhibitor or sponsor to whom you provided your contact data to may also be tracked and disclosed to that exhibitor or sponsor.
- Register online for one of our face-to-face events using an exhibitor-specific registration code that you received from that exhibitor. If you register for our events using an exhibitor-specific registration code, we may share certain non-sensitive information about you with that exhibitor.
We may also disclose information about you to other third parties, including, for example, vendors that work on our behalf, law enforcement or other entities in order to respond to court orders or valid subpoenas, or to protect human safety or our networks or property, and third parties as part of a merger or sale of some or all of our business assets.
Making information you provide public
We offer web sites that allow you to publish content. Many of these blog sites require that you have registered if you wish to comment. We will publish the user name you provide at registration when you comment. Some sites allow you to create a public profile as well.
Our webinar/webcast venues also require that you be registered with TMC and allow you to have both public and closed communications with exhibitors and other participants. Information that identifies you will be published or shared according to your choices.
Increasingly, we offer apps at our face to face events, allowing you to communicate and publish to others who have also downloaded the app. These apps and online communities may provide privacy controls which allow you to choose how much of your profile and other information to make public or to share with others within the community. As a professional, you remain responsible for locating the privacy controls (usually available on the page from which you can edit your profile), understanding how those controls, including default settings, work and protecting the information you provide.
Email Messages from TMC and Your Email Preferences
You may opt out of TMC email marketing lists by following the directions at the bottom of our promotional emails. Please note that TMC operates many brands and websites from which you may opt out selectively.
Please note that you may receive email marketing messages from us about other companies' offerings as part of a list rental or partner marketing programs - but only if you have given us permission to do so. We do not disclose your contact details to the partners, and we do not sell your data. You have the option of contacting the other company directly if you click on the links within the email. To opt out of our partner marketing programs, you may follow the instructions at the bottom of any email we send you as part of the program.
We place cookies that identify you, or allow third parties to do so on our behalf, for the following purposes:
- To recognize you automatically when you return to any of our web sites or online offerings or registration pages.
- To understand your interests in content, both our own content and that of other companies, on or across our web sites.
- To control access to gated online events including webinars.
- To manage and follow up on email campaigns.
You may choose to be recognized automatically when you visit any TMC online property or access any co-branded or sponsored content or opportunity, for example, a webinar. We hope this capability makes your experience with us easier. If you do not enable the automatic recognition cookie, or block it after you have allowed it, you will simply be asked to log in or register on every site and as you access or register to attend any co-branded or sponsored offering.
You must accept the session cookie used to manage access to registration-only online events for the duration of your participation in the event.
Third-party Advertising Cookies
Please visit each of their web sites for more information about the technologies they use and their privacy practices.
We may add or change the list of Third Party Advertisers from time to time. We urge you to check this section for changes regularly.
TMC operates in countries with data protection laws that may provide individuals the right to be able to access and control their information. We always will enable you to exercise those rights as provided by data protection laws.
EU data protection laws give individuals a number of rights, where their data and information is processed by companies active and operating in Europe. Under General Data Protection Regulation these are:
- The right to confirmation whether or not we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold. This is known as subject access request.
- The right to have inaccurate data rectified.
- The right to have your data erased. This does not however apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason.
- The right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data, such as, we will stop using the data but we may continue storing it.
- The right to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us, on the basis of consent or performance of a contract, and where technically feasible, transmitted in a common electronic format to you or directly to another company.
- The right to object to the use of your data. Specifically, you have the right to object to our use for marketing and in relation to automated decision making, including profiling where there may be legal or similarly significant effects.
There are exceptions to the rights above. Where you make a request to us as part of these rights, we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, although there may be situations where we are unable to do so.
Depending on the laws of the country where you live, you may have other rights in respect of your personal information. If you wish to exercise any legal right in respect of your personal information, please contact us via one of the methods set out in the Contact Us section below.
In some cases, we may be entitled to decline a request you have made regarding your personal information, in accordance with application laws. We will explain if that is the case. Otherwise, we will meet your request as promptly as we reasonably can. If you have requested that we stop sending you marketing messages, please note that you may still receive them for a short period while the request is processed.
Data Security, Data Integrity, Access
We take all reasonable steps to protect information we receive from you from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction. We have put in place appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard and secure your information, and we make use of privacy-enhancing technologies such as encryption. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Contact Us
Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC)
35 Nutmeg Drive, Suite 340
Trumbull, Connecticut 06611