Mark your calendars. Bring lots of business cards. Sharpen those pencils. Internet Telephony Conference & EXPO West 2006 is coming up soon, and there’s simply no better place to turn for education, networking, and an Exhibit Hall filled with the vendors you want to see before making an educated IP Communications purchasing decision.
This year’s event takes place in the San Diego Convention Center from October 10–13, and it’s setting up to be the largest gathering of IP Communications professionals anywhere, at any time, with over 10,000 people expected to make their way to the event.
Not only does Internet Telephony Conference & EXPO West 2006 feature the most up-to-date educational program, there are a number of colocated conference offerings that will create the widest array of educational choices for attendees. Those interested in learning about the latest developments in IMS, Contact Centers, IPTV, Voice Peering and more, will have ample opportunity to sit in on sessions and question the presentors. For this year’s event in San Diego, TMC has partnered with the likes of the Voice Peering Forum (VPF), The Telework Coalition (TelCoa), The Enterprise Communications Association (ECA), iHollywood Forum, and Fierce Markets to present the absolute best conference experience for delegates.
UNRIVALED CONFERENCE CONTENT
This year’s conference continues the tradition of the industry’s most knowledgeable speakers with a conference program par excellence. For those attendees looking for a purely unbiased education, this is the conference to attend. Presenters are forbidden from delivering company pitches in sessions. Any who do are not invited back to future events.
Sessions will span the entirety of the IP Communications space, with targeted content for Service Providers, Enterprise users, Developers, Resellers... in short anyone charged with making purchasing decisions in the IP Communications industry.
Sessions will be available in the following tracks:
• Large Enterprise
• Open Source
• Service Provider
• Conferencing & Collaboration
• IP Communications Development
• SIP Workshop
• WiFi Telephony
• VoIP Security
• VoIP for SMB
In addition to the main tracks at Internet Telephony Conference & EXPO West 2006, colocations and content partnerships will provide content across a number of diverse areas.
IPTV Evolution Workshop
Presented by Fierce Markets, IPTV Evolution is a Full-Day Workshop covering the following topics on the hot subject of IPTV:
• Marketing IPTV 101: Will Subscribers Choose Based on Features?
• The Politics of Content Acquisition
• Shaping a Fiber Strategy: Managing Costs of the Network
• Increasingly on Demand: The New TV Business Model
• Ensuring QoS and Scalability
• IPTV Billing Options Explained
• The Future of the Set-Top Box
• DRM Solutions that Will Not Limit IPTV’s Potential
The full-day workshop will be capped with a round table discussion entitled “The Future of IPTV in the Connected Home,” where attendees can hear what the connected home will look like and how IPTV service providers can leverage other features of the IP network to add value to their video services. In this round table discussion, learn the future landscape of the connected home and where IPTV fits in.
TMC is proud to present the inaugural IMS EXPO, The Premier Global Event on IP Multimedia Subsystem. This collocated conference will feature the following sessions for those interested in learning more about this subject:
• SIP’s Role in IMS
• SIP/IMS: The Need to Standardize
• Security Issues in IMS
• Making Money With IMS
• The A-B-C’s of IMS – Creating a Test Plan for IMS Readiness
• Real World Tales: IMS Case Studies
• Billing in an IMS World
• The role of UMA & IMS in Converged Networks
• Facing the Challenges of Network Convergence & IMS
• Increasing the Network IQ – Application of Artificial Intelligence
• The Promise of IMS: Will it Deliver?
• The Basics of IMS
• Introduction to Fixed/Mobile Convergence
• Challenges of OSS/BSS Integration
• IMS — The Catalyst for Fixed / Mobile Convergence
Call Center 2.0
Also making its debut at the show is Call Center 2.0, The Premier Technology Event for Call Center Decision Makers. This first-time event will feature content designed to educate attendees on the various technologies, challenges, and strategies that come into play when deploying today’s VoIP/IP Call Centers including Deploying Global IP Solutions; IP-based Home Agent Solutions; Speech Technologies; and CRM.
Call Center 2.0 Sessions include:
• How to Calculate Your Brand Ambassador’s Bottom-Line Value
• Ethical Implications
• Designing the Next-Generation Distributed Call Center
• Managing Virtual Teams: Obstacles & Opportunities
• Trends in the Next-Generation Contact Center
• Gaining the Competitive Edge Through Intelligent Communications
• VoIP in the Contact Center — A Case Study
• Today’s Advanced Workforce Optimization Solutions
Telework Coalition Workshop sessions will include:
• Ask the Chiefs of Well Established Work@Home Programs
• Why Home Based Agents: There’s No Place Like Home
• Outsourcing to Call Centers with Work@Home Agents
• Enabling Technologies and Telecommunications
• Business Continuity with Work@Home Agents
• How to Make Work@Home Agents Happen
• Staffing, Training, and Supervising for Work@Home Agents
• Security: Policies, Procedures, and Processes
There is just so much content that there is certainly something of interest for everyone who attends.
Training & Certification
The program at INTERNET TELEPHONY Conference & EXPO West 2006 will also feature several opportunities to attend TMC University’s IP PBX Certification courses. TMC University is the only independent certification program of its kind validating your competency in IP PBX selection, deployment, implementation, and management.
TMC University will span two days and two separate courses: a TMC University 101 as well as an advanced 201-level course.
101-level sessions will include:
• Reaping the Benefits of the IP PBX
• Cost Justifying the Upgrade
• Selecting the Right IP PBX
• Effective Deployment and Migration Strategies
• Making the Case for the Hosted IP PBX
201 courses will include:
• Preparing Your Network for an IP PBX
• Right Sizing Your IP PBX
• Integrating Your IP PBX with an ITSP
• Staging, Implementing, and Cutting Over Your IP PBX
• Dealing with E911 and Your IP PBX
TMC Events are known not only for the content available in the conference sessions, but also for the high-quality general sessions that take place throughout the event. Here are just some of the special attractions that will be available at INTERNET TELEPHONY Conference & EXPO West 2006:
Reseller Solutions Day
Reseller Solutions Day is a free tutorial seminar teaching resellers how to make money selling VoIP equipment and services. TMC president Rich Tehrani, ABP president Robert Messer, and other industry experts will draw on over 25 years of experience in the telecom market to help you take advantage of the VoIP market explosion. Learn how to “talk-the-talk,” how to bundle services to create more attractive offerings, and how to sell VoIP as an add-on to existing infrastructure.
The Enterprise Communications Association is presenting its very successful panel format, Reseller Live. This session is structured to maximize reseller participation. Topics include E911, VoIP security, FoIP, Top 5 Reasons to Implement VoIP, and other key industry issues.
Voice Peering Forum
The Voice Peering Forum continues to bring members of our community together with industry experts who are C-level executives and business directors to share their insights on the latest business and technology implementations while keeping you up to date on current issues and trends.
Battle for the Enterprise/SMB
Choosing the correct IP PBX for your enterprise is no small challenge. With myriad solutions available, some from new players, others from legacy providers, whose solution is best for your particular installation? One size does not fit all. In some instances, strong legacy support will be critical. In others, standards compliance will be crucial. In other situations, branch office support at a low cost or centralized management features will be important to consider. Will the new IP PBX work well with your current infrastructure? Do you need to rip it out and rebuild? What about support, security, and service? This panel will strive to answer important questions from the audience and give you a unique perspective on what items to consider before selecting a solution that is right for your enterprise.
Service Provider Shootout
Hear the industry’s leading experts in a moderated panel discussion aimed at exploring the market and finding out exactly where we stand today. Get perspectives from the leading service providers exploring next generation solutions, including the latest developments, a glimpse into the future, and some real-life implementation tales that you won’t want to miss. Topics will range to include net neutrality, the latest government regulations, competitive pressures, the advent of fixed/mobile convergence and IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem), wireless considerations such as WiFi and WiMAX, IPTV, and Triple Play strategies, and so much more. It’s an exciting time — and a challenging time — to be a service provider in today’s climate. Come to this keynote-level session to hear more about this market from the service providers who are living it every day. Attendees are encouraged to bring their questions and we’ll bring the industry leaders who are best positioned to provide the answers
INTERNET TELEPHONY Conference & EXPO West 2006 is the perfect opportunity for you to meet and talk with other enterprises/government, service providers, developers, and resellers to share ideas, exchange business cards, and discuss the virtues of one solution over another. In fact you can expect to find people from all ends of the IP Communications spectrum at the event. The badges of all the attendees are a cross section of the industry, and they come from all over the world. service providers, enterprise/government/ contact center end users, developers, resellers, corporate management, CTOs, CIOs, IT/telecom management, network managers and administrators, systems engineers, security and policy managers, wireless systems engineers and administrators, media, analysts, and others will gather from over the world to share their ideas and their thoughts regarding the importance of IP Communications.
In between sessions, meet vendors and partners you need to successfully deploy VoIP solutions. The agenda leaves ample time to stop by each booth to discuss how each exhibitor’s offerings can help you. The Exhibit Hall at INTERNET TELEPHONY Conference & EXPO West 2006 will feature over 250 exhibiting companies, including the likes of VoIP Supply, Inter-Tel, Nortel, Aculab, Vonexus, AudioCodes, Ditech Networks, and scores of other leading industry vendors ready to show you their wares, and answer any questions you may have before making a purchasing decision. You’ll have a chance to see their products in action, and you can actually test drive some of the solutions right on the show floor.
This year’s unprecedented lineup of keynotes includes top executives from equipment manufacturers and service providers. Each has extensive experience in telecom. Learn from them why the IP Communications opportunity is far bigger than any in the telecom industry’s history.
Here is a list of the keynoters scheduled to present:
• Bryan Martin, Chairman & CEO, 8x8, Inc.
• Chalan Aras, Vice President of Marketing, Ditech Networks
• Brian Metherell, VP & General Manager, Toshiba America Information Systems, Telecommunication Systems Division
• Chris Gravett, Sales and Marketing Director, Aculab
• Ruchi A. Prasad, Leader, Global Marketing Enterprise Solutions and Packet Networks, Nortel
• Mark Spencer, President, Digium, Inc
• Norman Stout, Chief Executive Officer, Inter-Tel, Incorporated
• Eric Shepcaro, Vice President Business Strategy and Development, AT&T
• Stan Holcomb, Vice President — Services, Lucent Technologies
• Anoop Gupta, Corporate Vice President Unified Communications Group, Microsoft
• Charles Dougherty, Corporate Vice President and General Manager Connected Home Solutions, Motorola, Inc.
• Gregory Giagnocavo, CEO, Dash911
• Alan Percy, Director of Business Development, AudioCodes
• Gordon Payne, Vice President of Marketing, Citrix Systems
INTERNET TELEPHONY Conference & EXPO West 2006 will take place in San Diego, CA from October 10–13, 2006. It promises to be the largest-ever gathering of IP Communications professionals and it will feature more compelling content than any other conference in the space. If you are charged with making purchasing decisions regarding your company’s IP communications infrastructure, you need to attend this event to learn about the technology, to network with your peers and the experts who make a daily living in this market, and see the actual products and solutions on the exhibit hall floor. It truly is a can’t-miss event.
For more information, please visit the online home of INTERNET TELEPHONY Conference & EXPO West 2006 at www.itexpo.com. IT