Despite threatening thoughts about heavy regulation catching up with VoIP as soon as next week, the technology keeps spreading out around the country at a steady speed. Joining the crowd comes broadband voice and data communications provider Covad Communications Group Inc. announcing the availability of business-class Covad VoIP in 14 new markets across the U.S.
The company will now service the cities of Austin, TX; Birmingham, AL; Burlington, NC; Dayton, OH; Grand Rapids, MI; Greensboro, NC; Holland, MI; Jacksonville, FL; New Orleans, LA; Ogden, UT; Orlando, FL; Provo, UT; Salt Lake City, UT and San Antonio, TX. With these additional markets, Convad VoIP bumps up its coverage to a whopping 125 major metropolitan markets nationwide, including more than 900 cities by the end of this year.
"VoIP is the most significant alternative ever to traditional phone service, and Covad VoIP is a high quality, reliable communications service with features that, until now, have not been available at affordable prices for small businesses," said Charles Hoffman, president and chief executive officer of Covad. "Covad VoIP offers small businesses the opportunity to work with one provider for their voice and data needs on a national scale."
Features of Covad VoIP include:
- Nationwide coverage
- Local and Long Distance telephone service
- Automated provisioning capabilities
- Service backed by comprehensive service level agreements (SLAs)
- Covad Dashboard, an easy-to-use, award-winning Web-based user interface for users to manage and customize their service
- Call logs for instant access to incoming and outgoing call information
- Find Me/Follow Me functionality that allows the user to stay in touch from anywhere at any time
- Unified visual voice and fax mail
- Voice and Web conferencing
- Automated Attendant
|Johanne Torres is contributing editor for TMCnet.com and Internet Telephony magazine. Previously, she was
assistant editor for EContent magazine in Connecticut. She
can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.