This week at ITEXPO Austin 2012, the world’s largest communications and technology event, companies rolled out new and exciting developments in light of the latest technological trends and consumer demands. Grandstream Networks (News - Alert), which exhibited at booth #608, announced a new course in business communication solutions with its new GXP2200 Enterprise Application Phone for Android (News - Alert), serving as the industry’s most full-featured smart desktop phone available now.
This announcement comes in light of the Android operating system gaining speed (and favorability) among consumers, as well as becoming the fastest-growing open source mobile operating system worldwide, according to a statement. This new smart HD desktop phone specifically designed for enterprises and small to medium-sized businesses (SMB) works to transfer user familiarity and the power of mobile smartphone technology to the desktop.
This phone serves as Grandstream’s first ever SIP phone – not to mention only one of a handful of IP phones worldwide that run on the Android platform.
David Li (News - Alert), CEO at Grandstream Networks, elaborated in said statement on how the proliferation of Android technology is what prompted them to develop such a communications system. Grandstream wanted to “embrace the rapidly expanding applications on mobile phones and tablets,” he said.
“We’re excited to announce the GXP2200, our first Android-based HD IP phone, that extends the power and innovations of Android apps onto a mainstay of business communications – the desktop phone. The GXP2200 is a breakthrough solution that not only gives businesses a high quality HD phone inherently rich in IP telephony features but also takes it a step further with the ability to flexibly deploy, tailor, and develop custom applications to improve business operations,” Li continued.
The GXP2200 allows vertical industry businesses – such as retail, hospitality, manufacturing and healthcare – to easily and simply create and deploy advanced custom business applications on their desktop for better communications and security, as well as increased productivity and customer service.
Features and functionalities of the GXP2200 Enterprise Application phone for Android include:
- Android operating system 2.3 (Gingerbread)-based, with access to tremendous 3rd party applications (such as Skype, Google Voice, Microsoft Lync client, YouTube, Facebook (News - Alert), Twitter, Pandora, Yahoo Flickr, Google Calendar, Angry Birds, weather, news, etc.)
- 6-lines with up to 6 SIP accounts
- 480×272 capacitive touchscreen TFT color LCD with multi-touch control
- Wideband HD audio, with support for most of the popular voice codec (G.722/G.711/G.729/etc.), audio codec (AAC/MP3/WMA/Real/etc.), video codec (H.264/H.263/MPEG4 decoding), and video streaming from mobile phones/IP video phones/IP cameras (such as Grandstream’s GXV31xx series video phones and GXV35xx/36xx series IP surveillance cameras)
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports (10/100/1000 Mbps) with integrated PoE
- Integrated Bluetooth for phonebook/data exchange and call transfer with Bluetooth enabled mobile phones and Bluetooth headsets
- And much more!
To see all of the features and functionalities, click here.
Self-described as “the only place you’ll get the broad picture, as well as in depth-details,” ITEXPO (News - Alert) Austin gathers enterprise, government and SMB end users, resellers, service providers, manufacturers, developers, media and analysts for a full week packed with business-building, research and developmental insights, as well as conference sessions, demo products and live services and tutorials on the floor.
Edited by Braden Becker