This Week in Health News: 13 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy health industry press releases from PR
Newswire, including the first quantum computer for healthcare research.
NEW YORK, March 24, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the healthcare industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Cleveland Clinic and IBM Unveil First Quantum Computer Dedicated to Healthcare Research
"Quantum and other advanced computing technologies will help researchers tackle historic scientific bottlenecks and potentially find new treatments for patients with diseases like cancer, Alzheimer's and diabetes," said Tom Mihaljevic, M.D., Cleveland Clinic CEO and President and Morton L. Mandel CEO Chair.
- Nuance and Microsoft Announce the First Fully AI-Automated Clinical Documentation Application for Healthcare
Using a unique combination of conversational, ambient, and generative AI, DAX Express automatically and securely creates draft clinical notes in seconds for immediate clinical review and completion after each patient visit in the exam room or via telehealth patient conversations.
- MedArrive partners with Ouma to bring in-home maternal care to vulnerable Medicaid members
By adding Ouma, MedArrive can now enable access to a longitudinal spectrum of maternal health services that include prenatal and postpartum (PPC) visits, behavioral health screenings and counseling including substance use disorders, perinatal risk stratification, and mitigation counseling, chronic care management and remote patient monitoring (e.g. diabetes, hypertension), lactation support, and more.
- quip to offer Access to Professional Dental Care through Walmart's Online Hub
Users simply respond to a few multiple-choice questions regarding their general and oral health, and then choose between a photo consult, great for a preventative check-up to assess specific issues visible in the mouth, or a live video consult, ideal to triage emergencies and prescribe solutions to pain.
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Health System Awarded $30 Million from NIH to Support Its Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
"Since establishing the ICTR in 2008, our goal has been to reduce barriers that researchers face in making new discoveries and to speed the rate that scientific findings are incorporated into clinical practice," said Marla Keller, M.D., principal investigator of the CTSA grant, director of the ICTR, and professor and vice chair of medicine at Einstein and Montefiore.
- A New Study Suggests Energy4Life's Bioenergetic Wearable Device May Have Positive Effects on Cellular Membrane
This study has found these results may lead to improved energy levels and sleep quality, reduce stress, and help people better manage their emotions.
- Stork Club launches maternity program with clinical study showing significant reduction in preterm births and unnecessary C-sections
With Stork Club, for the first time in the US, birthing persons now can have access to a vetted network of birth doulas, a comprehensive clinically designed package of services that includes messaging, virtual and onsite visits at home, and in the labor room.
- MindWise Innovations and Christie Campus Health Announce a Partnership to Support Mental Health on College and University Campuses
The collaboration will include resources such as a 24/7 student support line staffed by licensed mental health professionals, direct clinical interventions, anonymous online mental health screening tools, and a library of educational trainings on topics like suicide prevention for students as well as faculty and staff.
- WayFare Announces New Certification, Verifying Its Plant-Based, Dairy-Free Products Are Certified Free From® the Top 9 Allergens
Unlike most plant-based brands, WayFare does not use soy, nuts or other allergens, setting it apart from competitors on the shelves. "WayFare is becoming the trusted go-to source for many with dietary restrictions," said founder Kelly Coffin.
- OtoNexus Medical Technologies Receives Prestigious National Science Foundation Grant
OtoNexus Medical Technologies is transforming and simplifying how middle ear infections are evaluated with its cutting-edge diagnostic platform. The current diagnostic methods can be unreliable and often lead to unnecessary antibiotics, but the OtoNexus platform provides a non-invasive, rapid, and accurate alternative.
- NRMP® Celebrates Match Day by Publishing the Results of a Record-Breaking 2023 Main Residency Match®
There were 42,952 applicants who certified a rank order list in the 2023 Main Residency Match, which is the highest number on record and an increase of 403 applicants over last year.
- Denny's Kick Off Series of National Mental Health and Wellness Summits
As part of a national effort to raise awareness and offer expert insights, Denny's Corporation is kicking off a series of summits focused on how companies and individuals can better manage and improve their mental health and wellness.
- Autism Speaks Pledges to Make World of Difference as Autism Prevalence Rises to 2.7% of Children in the U.S.
The CDC's estimate on autism prevalence has increased to 1 in 36 children in U.S., with notably higher rates amongst minority groups, renewing the call to stand with the autism community ahead of World Autism Month.
Read more of the latest health-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNhealth on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for Keymed Biosciences.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-health-news-13-stories-you-need-to-see-301780320.html
SOURCE PR Newswire
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]