This Week in Finance News: 15 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy financial industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a roundup of SVB-related headlines and the Q2 hiring outlook.
NEW YORK, March 17, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the finance industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Q2 U.S. Hiring Outlook Remains Strong as Talent Shortage Continues
An indicator of economic and labor market trends, the Net Employment Outlook – calculated by subtracting the percentage of employers who anticipate reductions to staffing levels from those who plan to hire – now stands at +30% in the U.S., up 1% from last quarter and down 5% from this time last year.
- Envestnet Enhances MoneyGuide Platform to Drive the Future of Digital Financial Planning
To facilitate a more seamless experience for advisors whose practices incorporate financial planning, Envestnet announces the rollout of its latest Envestnet | MoneyGuide generational technology release.
- The U.S. has lost 58 'million-dollar' cities since the market's peak in July
"Unfortunately for buyers, mortgage rates have overwhelmed these price cuts. But even though competition is picking up as we enter home shopping season this spring, it's a much friendlier environment to buy a home for those who can make the finances work," said Anushna Prakash, economic data analyst at Zillow.
- Nearly 60% of Americans Expect to Save Less Than $5k in 2023 and Need Their Maximum Refund
This new data reflects continued, and in some places growing, financial fear amongst American taxpayers as pandemic-era protections expire and economic outlooks remain worrisome.
- T. Rowe Price: Women Significantly Lag Behind Men in Retirement Savings
"The gender income gap is contributing to a domino effect of women's finances; lower earnings can have an effect on their current financial decisions which ultimately impacts their financial future, including retirement savings," said Judith Ward, CFP®, thought leadership director.
- OPEC Fund approves over US$300 million in new financing and delivers on its Climate Action Plan
The plan commits the organization to increase the share of its climate financing to 40% of all new financing by 2030 and to mainstream climate action into he project cycle, increasing climate adaptation, mitigation and resilience investments in energy, transport, agriculture, food, water and smart cities.
- Indigenous woman-led apprenticeship opens applications for Indigenous women in the United States to enter investment sector
"As someone who does not have a traditional background in finance and yet works in the field of finance, the desire to create REA has been a dream to support more women like me to be in rooms where big decisions on capital are being made. This is how we change the narrative and create opportunities to invest in Indigenous women," said Vanessa Roanhorse, CEO, Roanhorse Consulting and Co-Founder, Native Women Lead.
- Strong Credit is Crucial for Small Business Owners Seeking Funding
"A poor credit history can hold you back when pursuing funding for your small business," said SCORE CEO Bridget Weston. "SCORE can help entrepreneurs understand what is in a credit report, how to check your score and how to improve it."
- Pillars of Finance: New Alternative Investment Event Takes the Stage
"When traditional investments are volatile, alternative investments are talked about," says Carrie Cook, CEO of Preferred Trust Company. "As a self-directed custodian, we see through a microscope the alternative investments that are performing for our clients, and we want to share this with you.
- The American Council of the Blind and Supporters Rally to Demand Accessible and Inclusive Currency
As a result of this rally, five members of the American Council of the Blind met with representatives of the U.S. Treasury and Bureau of Engraving and Printing, and for the first time, touched the certified tactile feature that will be included as part of the $10 bill redesign in 2026.
- XRPH Joins Elite Cryptocurrencies on BitMart Exchange opening to millions of U.S consumers
XRP Healthcare is the first Pharma and Healthcare platform to be built on the XRP blockchain, its mission is to provide and make available a wide range of health-related products and services that are more accessible and affordable to the masses.
Read more of the latest finance-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNfinance on Twitter.
SVB and Signature Bank Fallout
After the rapid collapse of Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) and Signature Bank last weekend, many companies took time this week to share updates for their customers and shareholders. Here are a few of those announcements:
- SVB Financial Group to Explore Strategic Alternatives
- Nitra Helps Medical Companies Weather Bank Crisis
- To Support the Health of the Startup Ecosystem, Brex Diversifies Its Own Corporate Funds into Silicon Valley Bridge Bank
- VION Investments Offers Immediate Funding to Companies Affected by SVB and Signature Bank Collapse
Catch up on more SVB/Signature Bank-related stories here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-finance-news-15-stories-you-need-to-see-301774552.html
SOURCE PR Newswire
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]