Church Mutual Recommends Last-Minute Facility Preparation Tips for Approaching Hurricanes
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.:
WHAT: This hurricane season, many nonprofits, schools and houses of worship will face the damaging winds, precipitation and storm surge brought by these acts of nature. While most organizations are equipped to take the necessary steps to keep their people safe, here are 10 last-minute tips from Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I. (a stock insurer)1 to minimize damage to buildings and physical facilities.
1. Create an inventory of your facility. If your facility becomes flooded or damaged because of high winds, you will need to make an insurance claim. It is difficult to make a claim, however, when you aren't sure what you lost. Remember to take pictures and videos and store copies of those off-site.
7. Close any garage doors, rollups or overhead doors all the way. Even a crack could be enough to allow water to enter a building. You also want to make sure you don't give the high winds any leverage.
8. Move furniture and valuables off the floor and, if possible, to higher floors of your building. Anything that is low to the ground runs the risk of water damage.
9. Unplug small appliances, such as printers and toasters. Hurricanes can cause power surges, and anything that is plugged in runs the risk of becoming damaged.
10. Fill plastic bottles with clean water for drinking. Depending on the hurricane's severity, you may lose access to water utilities. Make sure you have enough water for several days.
In addition to these 10 tips, Church Mutual offers more resources free on its website. Read more about hurricane safety, preparedness and recovery here.
About Church Mutual
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I., founded in 1897, offers specialized insurance for religious organizations of all denominations, public and private K-12 schools, colleges and universities, senior living facilities, secular and non-secular camps and conference centers, and nonprofit and human services organizations throughout the United States. Church Mutual markets most lines of commercial property and liability insurance, including multi-peril, workers' compensation and commercial auto insurance. In addition to insurance, Church Mutual provides a spectrum of value-added solutions that benefit its customers. Church Mutual holds the following honors:
1Church Mutual is a stock insurer whose policyholders are members of the parent mutual holding company formed on 1/1/20. S.I. = a stock insurer.
Compliance is King (to your Opportunities and Profits!)
Asset Management â€“ Keeping Remote Devices Connected
IoT Evolution Expo #TECHSUPERSHOW Expo Hall Open