Lexmark's Perceptive Software and Source Technologies Launch Perceptive Secure Print
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Shawnee, KS (PRWEB) June 26, 2014
• Lexmark's Perceptive Software and Source Technologies have launched Perceptive Secure Print, an integrated software and Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) printer solution that delivers secure printing for documents, such as checks, on an as-needed basis.
• Perceptive Secure Print allows businesses to utilize blank check stock instead of preprinted stock, immediately eliminating many fraud enablers while also eliminating the cost of preprinted checks. MICR laser printers print the entire check, including the fixed data found on preprinted stock as well the variable data (e.g. payee name, legal amount, date, etc.).
• Perceptive Secure Print allows businesses to establish their process with user-defined rules around item types, issuers, requesters, reporting and post-issuance reconciliation. In addition, businesses can control secure document and check issuance within an on-demand environment.
• With a connector to Perceptive Content, Perceptive Secure Print enables current Perceptive Content customers to leverage their investment beyond its current functionality.
• Perceptive Secure Print is designed to seamlessly fit into a customer's current network structure and readily accepts secure file uploads from teller platforms, accounting, HR, payroll, ERP platforms and other systems.
• Source Technologies has been Lexmark's exclusive MICR technology partner since Lexmark's founding in 1991 and is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) partner, delivering many generations of secure MICR print solutions utilizing Lexmark technology.
• Collaboration between Source Technologies and Lexmark occurs at the printer engineering phase, ensuring that development is fully optimized for the secure print application.
"Building on Lexmark's enduring relationship with Source Technologies, Perceptive Software is pleased to partner with this industry leader to help customers solve their unstructured information challenges by automating a traditionally manual process," said Brian Anderson, Chief Technology Officer, Perceptive Software.
"Security continues to be a major concern when printing sensitive documents, including checks," said Keith Hamilton, president and CEO of Source Technologies. "With our 25 years of industry expertise in providing innovative and secure print solutions and our long-standing partnership with Lexmark, we're able to deliver solutions like Perceptive Secure Print – thoughtfully designed to mitigate risk when printing negotiable documents."
About Perceptive Software (http://www.perceptivesoftware.com)
Lexmark's Perceptive Software (NYSE: LXK) builds intelligent capture, content management, process management, enterprise search and integration products that connect the unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people who need it most.
About Source Technologies (http://www.sourcetech.com)
Founded in 1986, Charlotte, NC-based Source Technologies is redefining the branch channel by helping banks transform their branches with automation, innovative technology and superior engineering. The company's print solutions empower businesses to automate the secure printing of sensitive information and negotiable documents, and its ground-breaking transactional and interactive kiosks for self-service and retail applications enhance the self service experience. Customers include 6 of the Top 10 US banks, 69 of the Fortune 100, and thousands of small and mid-sized companies.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11977775.htm
(c) 2014 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]