|[May 08, 2014]
Research and Markets: Cost and Investment Implications of 3D NAND
DUBLIN --(Business Wire)--
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jjkk4d/cost_and)
has announced the addition of the "Cost
and Investment Implications of 3D NAND" report to their
The NAND flash industry is on the cusp of a technology inflection point.
2D NAND is reaching its scaling limits with 3D NAND its anointed
In the 2D NAND era, the underlying process technology (with a few
exceptions) is essentially the same amongst all the NAND flash
However, in the 3D NAND era, all the NAND flash manufacturers are
developing different 3D NAND concepts with variations in the process
implementation. The different processes will impact the investment and
manufacturing cost for each of the 3D NAND technologies.
This report provides a detailed analysis of the fb and manufacturing
implications of 3D floating gate and charge trap NAND concepts from
Samsung, Toshiba, SK Hynix and Intel (News - Alert)-Micron versus 16nm 2D NAND. The
analysis is based on a bottom-up process flow analysis for each 3D NAND
technology and 16nm 2D NAND.
Some of the questions addressed in this report include:
- What are the main drivers of the process complexity for 2D NAND and 3D
- What is the tool commonality between 3D NAND and 2D NAND?
- What is the cost impact of moving the CMOS under the array in 3D NAND?
- How much does it cost to build a Greenfield 3D NAND fab and how does
it compare to a 2D NAND fab? What is the equipment footprint required
and the breakdown of the investment by process modules?
- What is the front end manufacturing cost of a 3D NAND wafer compared
to a 2D NAND wafer?
- What is the investment required to convert an existing 2D NAND fab to
3D NAND? What is the impact on the fab cycle time and manufacturing
- What is the incremental investment required to transit a 32 layer 3D
NAND fab to 64 layers? What is the impact on fab cycle time and
Key Topics Covered:
2. List of Figures
3. List of Tables
4. Executive Summary
6. The Path to 3D
7. NAND Flash Technology Evolution
8. 3D NAND Flash Memory Cell
9. 2D and 3D NAND Process Flow
10. 3D concepts
11. Fundamental Limitation in 3D NAND Fabrication
12. Cost and Investment Implications of 3D NAND
15. About the Authors
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jjkk4d/cost_and
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]