Network Infrastructure Virtualization: Transforming Telecommunications and Managed Services
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/whxfv2/network) has announced the addition of the "Network Infrastructure Virtualization: Transforming Telecommunications and Managed Services" report to their offering.
Historically, telecom operators have looked to infrastructure providers, service bureau companies and traditional managed communication services companies for infrastructure and related services. A recent industry trend has been to outsource infrastructure as a service as a means of reducing Capital Expenditure (CapEx) and to use as negotiation leverage for improved pricing on next generation networks such as IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) and LTE infrastructure such as Voice over LTE (VoLTE).
Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) is a telecom led initiative that aims to utilize standard IT virtualization technology to consolidate many telco network equipment types onto industry standard high volume servers, switches and storage. NFV involves implementing network functions in software that can run on a range of industry standard server hardware, and that can be moved to, or instantiated in, various locations in the network as required, without the need to install new proprietary equipment.
This report evaluates the impact of virtualization on managed services including communications, applications, content, and commerce.
The report includes market outlook, forecasts 2014 - 2019, and specific recommendations for industry constituents.
- Datacenter providers
- Telecom service providers
- API management companies
- SDN and virtualization vendors
- Telecom managed service providers
- Wireless/mobile infrastructure providers
- Cloud infrastructure and service providers
- SMB and enterprise companies of all types
- Regulatory bodies and governmental organizations
- Investors: venture capital, private equity and hedge funds
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV) Forecast 2014 - 2019 - Understand telecom virtualization and NFV in mobile networks - Identify the NFV use cases and related business benefits for telecom - Understand virtualization principles and methods for cloud-based infrastructure - Recognize the threats and opportunities for carriers and infrastructure providers - Identify specific virtualization opportunities for managed telecom service providers - Understand the role and importance of Software Defined Networks (SDN) in virtualization - Understand the role of virtualization in each network functional plane: Transport, Control, and Services
Key Topics Covered:
Technical And Architectural Considerations
Impact Of Virtualization On Managed Services
Virtualization Threats And Opportunities
Network Function Virtualization Outlook And Forecasts 2014 - 2019
Conclusions And Recommendations
List of Figures
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/whxfv2/network
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Networks (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp?cat_id=327&campaign_id=whxfv2)
(c) 2014 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]