PCI Expands FileMaker Pro Hosting Services
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) San Diego, CA (PRWEB) February 25, 2013
Productive Computing, Inc., a Platinum member of the FileMaker Business Alliance, today announced the opening of a new FileMaker® Pro hosting data center to service customers east of the Mississippi River.
"For hosted databases, distance from the end user to the server is a critical variable in database performance. Since we strive to have the best possible performance, we are constantly looking for ways to provide a better user experience for our customers. Expanding our infrastructure by adding a new data center is another example of our commitment to our customers and will greatly increase our ability to satisfy users on the eastern side of the United States," commented Marc Larochelle, CEO of Productive Computing, Inc.
FileMaker Pro hosting services allow customers to host FileMaker databases or solutions on Productive Computing servers in the cloud. All the necessary server infrastructure and FileMaker software is maintained by PCI and kept up to date for optimum performance.
FileMaker Hosting Differences You Can Count On:
While there are many choices out there for hosting a FileMaker Pro Database, keeping things focused and simple to efficiently accomplish your hosting needs is our philosophy. Here are some things that make Productive Computing, Inc.'s FileMaker Pro Database Hosting service different:
1. PCI is a large FileMaker Platinum development firm with an expansive and expert knowledge of all things FileMaker (not just a hosting company who may or may not know how FileMaker works under the hood).
2. PCI has dedicated servers with SSD drives (nothing virtual, nothing outdated) and as a result has read/written times faster than just about any traditional hard drives.
3. PCI doesn't overload servers with too many files or customers and always uses the latest version of FileMaker server and OS security patches after they have been tested.
4. PCI performs local backups, twice daily backups to a physical attached drive, and to the cloud. That gives 3 points of redundancy for disaster recovery and up to 30 days of data as well as weekly and monthly snapshots.
5. PCI provides a weekly DropBox backup (more often if needed) for those customers who want the peace of mind to know their data is at their fingertips. No cumbersome FTP programs to use to get at your data should you need it.
6. PCI provides direct FileMaker Server Admin console access for users on FileMaker 12 where they can close and open files, download files, etc. PCI can provide direct access to FileMaker 11 Server Admin as well for developers who request it.
7. For developers who are thinking of referring their customers to PCI, customers are treated as if they were PCI's customers in the event they work with us.
8. PCI provides a unique Instant Web Publishing (IWP) scenario that will auto redirect IWP users to a web page of your choosing upon IWP time out or IWP log out. PCI developed this technology in-house and it's truly one of a kind.
9. Distance from the server to the client is a big factor which is why PCI continues to invest in infrastructure by putting servers in all corners of the country.
Watch the video below for information on FileMaker Database Hosting benefits:
Various FileMaker hosting server locations also provide a foundation for Software as a Service (SaaS) product subscriptions. Products including Core4 CRM, Core3 CRM, Core2 CRM, FM Work Orders and Music Director Pro are available to customers for a monthly fee under SaaS.
Anyone who is interested can sign up for a free 30-day trial of FileMaker Database hosting or SaaS as well.
About Productive Computing, Inc.
Since 1996, Productive Computing, Inc. has been helping its customers become more efficient and profitable by implementing custom software solutions using FileMaker Pro. Utilizing FileMaker Pro as a rapid application development tool, their certified FileMaker developers can create custom applications that a business can run on their Windows or Macintosh desktop computers, as web-based CRM solutions, on an iPad or iPhone or shared simultaneously on all of these platforms.
Productive Computing, Inc. also produces several off-the-shelf productivity solutions such as Core4 CRM, Core3 CRM, Core2 CRM, Core2 Invoices, Music Director Pro, FM Work Orders, OrgPlanner and IT Asset Manager as well as a suite of FileMaker Pro plug-ins that allow FileMaker Pro to integrate with third party applications including Outlook, QuickBooks, Apple's Address Book and iCal, PDF forms, credit card processing, digital signatures and biometric fingerprint scanners.
In addition to building custom and off-the-shelf FileMaker Pro CRM software and plug-ins, Productive Computing, Inc. is a full service FileMaker Pro hosting company. FileMaker hosting services allow customers to host their own FileMaker Pro solutions on Productive Computing servers in the cloud instead of purchasing and supporting the necessary server infrastructure themselves. These same servers also provide the infrastructure for customers who would prefer to subscribe to Productive Computing's Core4 CRM, Core3 CRM, Core2 CRM, and FM Work Orders products under a SaaS (Software as a Service) pricing model.
Productive Computing, Inc. is one of only a few companies in the United States to have earned the highly respected Platinum level membership within the FileMaker Business Alliance and recently won the exclusive FileMaker Business Alliance Partner of the Year award.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/productive-computing/expands-filemaker-hosting/prweb10462060.htm
(c) 2013 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]