JDSU Smart Link Mapper Empowers Every Technician to Analyze OTDR Measurements Without Errors
Feb 05, 2013 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
* Eliminate OTDR complexities for simple and fast fiber deployment.
* An optical time domain reflectometer (OTDR) is an essential fiber test tool that helps service providers ensure that their fiber network infrastructure is optimized to deliver reliable and robust services.
* OTDR operation and usability has been simplified over the years; however, it is still considered an advanced instrument to operate and interpreting measurement results can be complex.
Introducing the JDSU SLM solution , a field-installable software application, that eliminates complexities of OTDR testing and interpreting results. Using advanced software, SLM analyzes passive elements, impairments, and faults on optical fiber links and displays them in a simple icon-based map view that technicians of any skill level can understand.
Turn any field technician into an instant OTDR expert
- Eliminate OTDR misinterpretation with objective results and immediate problem diagnosis
- Evaluate fiber links twice as fast and instantly identify faults or impairments
- Simplify data reporting, file sharing, and management in compliance with industry standards
Leverage your asset
- Easily upgrade T-BERD®/MTS OTDR platforms directly in the field to get the benefits of SLM
Use case: Misinterpretation of OTDR data can be very costly for contractors and service providers that often leads to installation and troubleshooting issues. These problems result in additional truck rolls and re-tests and can impact network performance when fiber cables are installed incorrectly. SLM consistently analyzes results eliminating subjectivity and errors from human interpretation. It reduces maintenance and operational expenses because jobs can be completed right the first time. It also dramatically increases field efficiencies for installation or troubleshooting by 10 to 20 percent.
JDSU won the coveted 2012 Frost & Sullivan Fiber Optics Test Equipment Market Leader Award for fiber-optic test equipment for two consecutive years.
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com.
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]