Research and Markets Adds Report: Telco OTT Service Case Studies: Next-Generation Mobile Voice and Messaging
Feb 05, 2013 (Close-Up Media via COMTEX) --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Telco OTT service case studies: next-generation mobile voice and messaging" report to its offerings.
In a release, Research and Markets noted that report highlights include:
Self-cannibalising certain revenue streams may well be the best long-term strategy for many mobile operators.
Operators are launching their own next-generation voice and messaging services in an attempt to counter the threat from operating system and app providers. Many operators are pursuing a standards-based route to market, typically based on IMS deployment (for example, RCS). Others are developing proprietary over-the-top services, otherwise known as 'telco OTT' offerings. This latter group is the focus of this Viewpoint.
This Viewpoint provides:
- an overview and assessment of the different approaches to 'telco OTT' offerings, focusing on four broad categories:
- voice over Wi-Fi
- one number, multiple devices
- IP-based messaging
- advanced call management.
- nine case studies of 'telco OTT' communication services:
- A1 over IP (Telekom Austria)
- Libon Voicefeed and Address Book (Orange)
- Bobsled and Clever Connect (T-Mobile)
- Netphone (Smart Communications)
- Rogers One Number (Rogers Communications)
- freeyah (T-Mobile Poland)
- TU Me (Telefonica)
- Tele2 +46 (Tele2)
- TU Go (Telefonica).
- recommendations for operators.
- Telekom Austria
- Smart Communications
- Rogers Communications
- T-Mobile Poland
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]