Global Digital Media - Video and Television in a Smart Connected World
Dec 06, 2012 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Digital Media - Video and Television in a Smart Connected World" report to their offering.
Smart Tv Is A Sign Of The Future
The latest annual publication by BuddeComm titled: Global Digital Media - Video and Television in a Smart Connected World, provides key global insights and statistics for this exciting growing and evolving sector.
The internet is presenting consumers with choice and access like never before and this is transforming the home entertainment industry. The battle for the lounge room is heating up with all major TV manufacturers now shipping smart internet-connected TVs which provide an app-like interface to new IPTV content services through instant streaming.
The exciting developments occurring in the video-based and television broadcasting sector has resulted in a dynamic industry which is on the cusp of transformation. This report aims to capture the key trends on a global level and provide insights into the regional developments.
- Digital TV households make up around 45% of all TV households worldwide in 2012;
- Online Video-On-Demand has gained the attention of Internet heavyweights Google and Facebook;
- The US is an interesting market to watch for VoD developments with Hulu, Blockbuster, Netflix and Walmart Vudu just some of the players vying for position;
- There is a movement towards creating online video channels over the Internet aimed at target audiences;
- Bundled offers are very popular in parts of Europe with Quad play is the next growth area; a number of countries in Asia are also leading multi-play developments;
- Largely thanks to the success of triple play solutions, Latin America's television market has been experiencing sustained growth, not even slowing down during the global credit crunch;The number of Western European online video and multi-screen services subscribers has grown steadily in recent years.
This report provides a valuable overview of the key developments occurring for TV and video broadcasting which has resulted in a dynamic industry undergoing significant changes. BuddeComm's new annual publication explores these important trends and includes key statistics as well as a unique regional overview provided by BuddeComm's Senior Analysts.
- Key insights into the global digital, IPTV and smart TV trends;
- Key insights into Internet video/Web TV;
- Key Insights into Mobile TV development;
- The emergence of triple and quad play business models;
- Unique regional overviews written by BuddeComm's Senior Analysts.Key developments:
- A number of industry segments are converging and we are beginning to see the shape of the future with Smart TVs currently leading the way.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7d7ngp/global_digital
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Broadcast (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=66&campaign_id=7d7ngp), New Media (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=105&campaign_id=7d7ngp)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com.
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]