Research and Markets: Cellular Handset & Tablet Core Chip Trends 2012
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/71a312/cellular_handset) has announced the addition of the "Cellular Handset & Tablet Core Chip Trends 2012" report to their offering.
From a cellphone standpoint the biggest market change in 2011 was in Smartphones, which have quickly taken over much of what was the less expensive 'feature phone' market segment. This trend is largely because the Android operating system (O/S) has also been enabled on less-expensive chip platforms. Consequently, in 2012 we will see Smartphones that range from $100 at the low end to $700 at the high end. This has led to further segmentation of the Smartphone market. Computing Tablets are also becoming significant markets for cellular chips and this comprehensive report covers them too.
To provide product and market planners with calibration on the market Forward Concepts is offering this extensive (312-page) market study that covers the core integrated circuits that enable cellphones and cellular-connected tablets. In this study, the authors don't just track basebands and application processors, they also track and forecast RF transceivers, power amplifiers, and power management units in great detail. The report provides 2011 vendor market shares for each of these core cellphone chip types and forecasts units, ASPs and revenues for all of them in detail through 2016.
Of course, most interest is now about 4G cellular, in the form of LTE (Long Term Evolution). This report highlights the currently-available LTE chips and many of their "sockets" at the beginning of 2012. However, 3.5G HSPA devices are growing much faster as many 2G and WCDMA networks are being updated.
This study explores the dynamics of each of these baseband types and profiles the chip providers and market shares for each of them.
To only forecast baseband processors separately from application processors would be unhelpful, since the two increasingly occupy the same die (or the same package). Stand-alone basebands currently account for under 40% of that market but will see that share diminish as technology and price pressures push for more integrated solutions.
This report forecasts the digital baseband processor market in three major categories:
- Stand-alone digital baseband processors (SA DBB),
- Integrated communication processors (Com DBB): application processors+baseband, &
- Integrated ultra-low-cost (ULC DBB) basebands with RF transceiver on the same die.
In a similar vein, application processors are forecast as three different types:
- Stand-alone Application Processors (SA-Processor)
- Integrated communication processors (Com-Processors) , &
- Video Co-Processors as adjuncts to basic RISCs
This study explores the dynamics of each of these application processor types and profiles the chip providers and market shares for each of them.
Key Topics Covered:
- BASEBAND PROCESSORS
- STAND-ALONE APPLICATION PROCESSORS
- COMMUNICATION PROCESSORS
- RADIO TRANSCEIVERS
- LOW-COST INTEGRATED BASEBAND & RF CHIPS
- CELLPHONE POWER AMPLIFIERS
- POWER MANAGEMENT UNITS
- AKM- Altair Semiconductor Ltd.- Anadigics- Anpec Electronics- Atheros- Avago Technologies- Black Sand Technologies- Broadcom- Cavium Networks- Cirrus Logic- CoreLogic- Dialog Semiconductor- FCI/Silicon Motion- Freescale- Fujitsu- Fuzhou Rockchip- GCT Semiconductor- Huawei Technologies- Icera- Infineon- Innofidei- Intel- Leadcore Technology- Linear Technology- Marvell- Maxim- MediaTek- Micrel- Mitsubishi Electric- Movidius- MStar Semiconductor- MtekVision- Nufront- NVIDIA- OKI- Qualcomm- RDA Microelectronics- Renesas Electronics- RFMD- Ricoh Electronic Devices- Samsung- Sequans Communications- Skyworks Solutions- Sony Semiconductor- Spreadtrum- ST-Ericsson- ST-Microelectronics- Telechips- Texas Instruments- TriQuint- VIA Technologies- Vimicro- Wolfson MicroelectronicsFor more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/71a312/cellular_handset
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org)).
(c) 2012 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]