TIBCO Spotfire Webcast to Offer Insights on Using Analytics to Improve Financial Planning and Analysis
(Targeted News Service Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) SOMERVILLE, Mass., Jan. 31 -- TIBCO Software issued the following news release:
TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX) today announced a complimentary webcast on Tuesday, February 7, 2012 titled "Spotfire Analytics for Financial Planning & Analysis." Hosted by TIBCO Spotfire(R), the webcast will address how an enterprise analytics platform can help financial planning and analysis professionals gain fast access to actionable insights to make better decisions, spot new opportunities, and avoid risks.
What/When: "Spotfire Analytics for Financial Planning & Analysis" webcast - Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. EST.
Making smart, timely financial planning and analysis (FP&A) decisions is critical for success, but standard financial information systems are usually focused on rigid, quarterly reporting, rather than agile financial analysis. This leads executives, product managers, sales managers, and other stakeholders to frequently request quick, ad hoc financial reports to inform important decisions. This forces FP&A professionals to manually extract and mashup data from multiple systems and create hard-to-manage spreadsheets--that must be recreated when they are unable to answer the next level of questions from the stakeholder. This slow pace of financial reporting often means that issues aren't surfaced in time to be actionable, forcing important decisions to be made on incomplete data.
During the webcast, Lou Bajuk-Yorgan, senior director of product management for Spotfire, TIBCO Software Inc., and Tracy McHugh, director of financial planning and analysis for Spotfire, TIBCO Software Inc. will discuss these challenges and share practical advice and tips, including how to:
* Provide self-service applications and dashboards to monitor, manage and communicate key financial metrics and KPIs, ensuring stakeholders have the information to make better decisions;
* Help CFOs and other executives track key drivers to their business by easily visualizing costs and revenues side by side, over time, and across categories such as geography, division, product line, and segment;
* Help treasurers better minimize risk to cash flows by providing a more global view of currency hedging positions;
* Help finance managers better understand their organization's overall compliance with critical SOX/SEC requirements and minimize the amount of time external auditors need to spend examining data; and
* Employ advanced analytic techniques for scenario planning and forecasting future performance.
Information: To register for the webcast, please visit: http://spotfire2.tibco.com/l/5772/2012-01-17/7njd7/.
TNS sm92 120201-mv45-3759909
(c) 2012 Targeted News Service
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]