Tecore Joins VoLGA Forum
Apr 01, 2009 (Close-Up Media via COMTEX) --
Tecore Networks, a supplier of multi-technology 2G, 3G and 4G mobile network infrastructure, announced that it has joined the Voice Over LTE via Generic Access (VoLGA) Forum, recently founded by industry companies seeking to enable mobile operators to use the same core networks they use today to support voice services on 2G/GSM and 3G/UMTS radio access networks.
The group aims to define a set of specifications for enabling delivery of voice services over LTE access networks based on the current 3GPP Generic Access Network (GAN) standard.
With as many as 90 percent of worldwide mobile subscribers only using 2G services, operators have a substantial amount of revenue on legacy infrastructure, and are concerned about maintaining quality of service and protecting business as they consider upgrading their networks to 4G LTE. Having supported mobile network deployments since 1991, and having adopted an all-IP, multi-technology core network architecture for 2G, 3G and now 4G, Tecore said it has expertise and experience to address this challenge.
Key features of Tecore's core network platform, already in deployments, include:
- All-IP communication and signaling including an IMS core
- Concurrent support for voice and data services for GSM, CDMA and SIP technology families, from common object code
- Complete core network (MSC/VLR, UMSC, MME, SAE-GW, SGSN/GGSN, HLR/HSS, AuC/AC, SMSC/MMSC, Prepaid IN) delivered on a single blade
- Peer-to-peer IP switching, enabling tandem-free operations for signaling as well as transcoding-free operation for VoIP or RTP
- Carrier-grade Linux operating system, deployable on a range of hardware platforms including compact-PCI, microTCA and ATCA.
Tecore Networks will be exhibiting LTE and current-generation all-IP mobile infrastructure at CTIA Wireless 2009, through April 3 in Las Vegas.
Information about the VoLGA Forum can be found at volga-forum.com.
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]