SEMICON China to Focus on Technology Challenges and New Opportunities in Semiconductor and Emerging Markets
(Targeted News Service Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) SHANGHAI, Feb. 22 -- The Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International issued the following news release:
Solving technology challenges and detailing upcoming opportunities in the semiconductor and emerging/adjacent markets in China will be a key focus of SEMICON China 2012, March 20-22, at the Shanghai New International Exhibition Center (SNIEC). Co-located with SOLARCON China and FPD China, SEMICON China is part of the largest and most comprehensive microelectronics manufacturing trade and technology event in China, featuring more than 1,000 international exhibitors, over 2,200 booths, more than 150 government delegations, and over 50,000 expected attendees.
The most recent SEMI Consensus Forecast projects that final data for 2011 will show 26 percent growth for semiconductor fab equipment spending in China. China's current Five-Year Plan (2011-2015) targets the expansion of China's microelectronics supply chain to meet the needs of the regional and other global markets. Analysts project that investments of more than US$40 billion will fuel Chinese semiconductor industry growth during this five-year period.
SEMICON China showcases exhibits of the latest advanced manufacturing technologies and features a wide range of programs focusing on the latest technology and business trends in the semiconductor industry and emerging markets. The SEMICON China 2012 agenda includes keynote addresses, executive panels, technical and business forums and full-day technology conferences. Keynote speakers include:
* Tzu-Yin Chiu, CEO and executive director, SMIC
* Tien Wu, director and COO, ASE Group
* Yu Wang, director, president, Hua Hong Semiconductor; president, Grace Semiconductor Manufacturing
* Charlene Barshefsky, former U.S. Trade representative, senior International partner, WilmerHale
* Yoichi Yano, executive VP, Renesas Electronics
* Walden C. Rhines, CEO, Mentor Graphics
This year's event features four Theme Pavilions, each focused on a growing critical technology market:
* The China Market IC Applications Pavilion spotlights companies and technologies focused on serving the fabless and IC design community. From IC design services to foundries to system assembly and test, the Pavilion showcases the best of China's IC supply chain. Pavilion highlights include: Focus on 450mm wafer manufacturing; advanced automotive semiconductors; power ICs; assembly and test; and MEMS design and manufacturing.
* The LED Manufacturing Pavilion features manufacturing technologies and information specifically focused on advanced LED and solid state lighting. China currently leads the world in terms of the number of active and under construction LED epi wafer and chip fabs. In 2011, over 400 new MOCVDs systems were installed in China, more than any other country in the world.
* The TSV Pavilion showcases technologies and solutions for 3D IC and TSV systems. The growth of 3D IC and TSV has spawned a whole ecosystem for TSV technologies from industry, academia and research institutions, to equipment and material suppliers.
* The Secondary Equipment Applications, Service and Fab Productivity Solutions Pavilion features exhibits and solutions for the growing secondary equipment market in China. Analysts project sales of used semiconductor equipment China to increase to between US$ 800 million and US$1 billion in 2012.
Additional Highlights at SEMICON China 2012 include:
* CSTIC 2012 (March 18-19). The China Semiconductor Technology International Conference (CSTIC)--the largest semiconductor technology conference in China--will offer more than 300 high-level presentations, covering all aspects of semiconductor technology and manufacturing. Keynote speakers include representatives from IMEC, Samsung, and IBM.
* LED China Conference 2012 (March 21). This conference will address current government policies and support for LED manufacturing expansion; new developments in LED applications, LED fab equipment, and materials; and discussion on how the China LED fab industry can continue its growth.
* Review of China's High-Tech Parks (March 20-22). China's high-tech parks play an important role in shaping China's semiconductor and emerging market (photovoltaic, HB-LED, etc.) industries. China's regional governments overseeing these high-tech parks strongly support and are willing to provide additional resources to develop the semiconductor industry. Leaders from China's major municipal governments and high-tech parks are invited to introduce their development plans and special policies. This High-Tech Park review area provides an excellent opportunity for companies which plan to expand China operations and market access.
Additional information regarding SEMICON China 2012 exhibition, programs, and registration is available at www.semiconchina.org or by calling SEMI (in Shanghai) at +86.21.5027.0909.
TNS mv45 120223-3784008
(c) 2012 Targeted News Service
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]