MDM Market Research Survey - How successful have MDM programs been?
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zvxd56/mdm_market) has announced the addition of the "MDM Market Research Survey 2012" report to their offering.
Master Data Management (MDM) is increasingly becoming a mature technology and successful implementations have been the subject of recent media attention. There is, however, little concrete information reflecting real-world experience. The authors were interested to better understand the current experience of those enterprises with live MDM programs or plans to deploy MDM, and the challenges that drive interest in MDM. They also wanted to explore to what extent the available MDM technology is meeting the needs of organizations.
The Information Difference Company therefore conducted a survey, sponsored by SAP, which was aimed at understanding better the experience of businesses regarding their current MDM initiatives. The survey was particularly focused on "Analytical MDM", which they define as the provision of authoritative master data for the purposes of enterprise-wide reporting and analysis. "Operational MDM", by contrast, provides authoritative master data to operational applications such as ERP and CRM systems. The main findings from the survey's 218 participant answers are detailed in the full report.
In particular, this report gains insight into the following questions:
- What is the status of MDM in the end-user organization
- How successful have MDM programs been
- What are the key barriers to implementing MDM
- How reliable is the data in their enterprise data warehouse or main corporate reporting system
- To what extent is inconsistent master data an issue for organizations
- What data domains are considered important to be managed across an enterprise
- How consistent is the data in the end-user enterprise across each of these data domains
- Is the master data held in their main corporate DW or reporting system
- What are the key features that you look for in an ideal MDM system
- To what extent should an MDM platform be integrated with the data warehouse
- What benefits do you think you will gain from having better MDM with respect to your analytical/reporting needs
Key Topics Covered:
Background To The Survey
About The Respondents
Current Status And Success
Barriers And Pain Points For Implementation
Key Data Domains
Requirements And Implementation
About The Information Difference
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zvxd56/mdm_market
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Business (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=2&campaign_id=zvxd56)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com)).
(c) 2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]