Fitness Technology Comes Home With First Cardio Equipment With Wireless Connectivity
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Touch screen machines with Swipe(TM) Technology sync with Apple and Android mobile devices, and offer access to custom workouts, settings, content
SCHILLER PARK, IL - Life Fitness , recognized for providing quality fitness equipment to health clubs and homes around the world, is upgrading home fitness with the new Platinum Club Series. This complete line of cardio equipment features Discover Tablet Consoles with easy-to-use Swipe(TM) Technology, allowing at home users for the first time to instantly connect with internet and mobile devices during workouts.
Discover SE and Discover SI Tablet Consoles are the first to connect with both Apple and Android devices. These touch screens integrate with Life Fitness' LFconnect(TM), a cloud-based solution that gives exercisers log-in capabilities, personalization options and customized workouts. Exercisers can access personal content, navigate the web, create workout programs and set content preferences.
"More than 95 percent of exercisers desire access to online content on exercise equipment," said Matt Brennand , director of product technology and consumer products for Life Fitness . "The new Platinum Club Series gives exercisers unprecedented access to not just online content like YouTube and Facebook , but the latest in fitness applications so exercisers can customize their workout experience."
The Platinum Club Series includes a new cross-trainer, and all machines feature the touch screen Discover consoles. Products include:
Platinum Discover SE Cross-trainer (16" touch screen with integrated TV)
Platinum Discover SI Cross-trainer (10" touch screen)
Platinum Discover SE Treadmill (19" touch screen with integrated TV)
Platinum Discover SI Treadmill (10" touch screen)
Platinum Discover SE Upright Lifecycle Bike (16" touch screen with integrated TV)
Platinum Discover SI Upright Lifecycle Bike (10" touch screen)
Platinum Discover SE Recumbent Lifecycle Bike (16" touch screen with integrated TV)
Platinum Discover SI Recumbent Lifecycle Bike (10" touch screen)
- Apple and Android Compatibility: 57 percent of exercisers use a smartphone or tablet during their workout*, and the new Platinum Club Series is the 1 st home exercise equipment to offer access to users' personal library of music, videos, apps and books, while also charging phones
- Internet Connectivity: provide a reliable and consistent wireless or Ethernet connection to online content
- Interactive Lifescape(TM) Courses: exclusive courses through famous locations with controls that automatically adjust video speed, incline and resistance
- Swipe(TM) Technology: hyper-sensitive touch screen response and easier navigation, similar to a tablet
- App Integration: compatible with popular apps, including LFconnect, Lose it! and Runtastic. Offers the possibility to integrate with many more through LFopen
- Available with four color options: Arctic Silver, Titanium Storm, Black Onyx or Diamond White
About Life Fitness
Life Fitness is the global leader in commercial fitness equipment manufacturing. The company manufactures and sells strength and cardiovascular equipment under the brand names Life Fitness and Hammer Strength and distributes its equipment in more than 120 countries. Headquartered outside Chicago , in Schiller Park, Ill. , Life Fitness is a division of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC).
* Life Fitness 2012 Fitness and Technology Survey conducted by Cint
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.com on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org)).
(c) 2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]