|[February 19, 2013]
Research and Markets: Argentina Total Telecommunications Services Markets 2012-2017 Featuring Telefonica S.A.; Telecom Italia; América Móvil; DIRECTV, Clarin Group and Nextel
DUBLIN --(Business Wire)--
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sk7gq8/argentina_total)
has announced the addition of Frost & Sullivan's (News - Alert) new report "Argentina
Total Telecommunications Services Markets 2012: The Major Competitors
Leading the Argentinean Market" to their offering.
This research service covers the Argentinean total telecommunications
market and examines key drivers and restraints for growth, trends, and
forecasts. The total market is composed by the segments fixed telephony
services, mobile telephony services, fixed broadband services, pay TV
services, and fixed VoIP services. In addition, revenue segmentation by
geography is provided considering the concession areas of the regulatory
authority CNC, as well as customer type segmentation considering
residential, small and medium businesses, and corporate customers. An
in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape, including operator
market shares and profiles, is also provided. The base year is 2011, and
forecasts run through 2017.
- The main trends impacting the market are companies investing in pay TV
services operations and integration of fixed and mobile operations to
offer converged services.
- The main drivers for growth are converged offers, intensifying
competition, and competitors' investments to offer Triple Play (News - Alert).
- Important drivers in the mobile services segment are the
implementation and expansion of 3G networks.
- However, the lack of competition in remote areas and small cities,
regulated tariffs, high inflation, and an unstable economic and
political outlook are impotation restraints.
- Concerning regulatory issues, the restriction for telecommunications
companies (telcos) to enter the cable TV and Internet protocol
television (IPTV (News - Alert)) markets also restrains the market.
- Indirectly, this negatively impacts the broadband services market,
because telcos can only go from a dumb pipe to a smart pipe through
Video on Demand (VoD) and not directly with TV broadcasting.
- Regarding mobile services, important restraints are low spectrum caps
(MHz), when compared to other countries in Latin America, delays in
auctions for new spectrum frequencies, and government interference in
- For instance, after seven years of several delays for a new spectrum
auction, in September 2012, the government suspended the planned tender
and assigned the frequencies to ARSAT, a public company that operates
- This new entrant in the mobile market has the role of implementing a
national broadband network and competing with private operators.
- Another sign of government influence in the mobile services segment is
the development of mobile phones with a digital TV receiver. América
Móvil, Movistar, and Personal are committed to advancing partnerships
with manufacturers to supply these phones.
- The competitive structure of the market is consolidating into six
major groups: Telefonica S.A.; Telecom Italia; América Móvil; DIRECTV,
Clarin Group and Nextel.
- However, there are also relevant niche participants with competitive
- The three largest groups: Telefonica S.A., Telecom Italia, and América
Móvil - have a strong presence in all residential, small and medium
business (SMB), and corporate segments.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing How long will it continue to grow and at what
- Which telecommunications services present the highest growth
opportunities from 2011 to 2017
- What are the trends in the market regarding technology, competition,
consumer demands, and the economy
- What are the most important regulatory issues impacting
telecommunications services in Argentina
- What are the main industry challenges that operators will face until
- How are revenue and LIS divided among the residential, SMB, and
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Telecommunications Services Market
4. Argentinian Fixed Telephony Services Segment
5. Argentinian Mobile Telephony Services Segment
6. Argentinian Fixed Broadband Services Segment
7. Argentinian Pay TV Services Segment
8. Argentinian Data Communications (News - Alert) Services Segment
9. Argentinian Fixed VoIP Services Segment
10. The Last Word
- América Móvil
- Clarin Group
- Telefonica S.A.
- Telecom Italia
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sk7gq8/argentina_total
Source (News - Alert): Frost & Sullivan
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]