Voip-Pal.Com Completes Share Purchase Agreement for Digifonica Acquisition
Jan 04, 2013 (Close-Up Media via COMTEX) --
Voip-Pal.Com announced the completion of the Share Purchase Agreement to acquire Digifonica (International) Limited, a private company registered in Gibraltar.
In a release dated Dec. 28, the Company said the date of completion of the Share Purchase Agreement was Dec. 27.
As a result of the acquisition, all Digifonica, Gibraltar shares are being converted into VPLM stock.
Included in the assets owned by Digifonica, Gibraltar, are Patent Pending Applications listed as RBR (Routing, Billing and Rating), Lawful Intercept, Mobile Gateway, Short Code/Emergency Dialing and Advanced Interoperability Solutions.
About the Patent Pending Applications
1. Routing, Billing and Rating engine: (Producing routing messages for VoIP communications) US Patent Publication No. 20100150328 (Link to RBR USPTO filing): RBR allows new Licensees to perform subscriber management from their own existing subscriber management and billing platforms. This series of patented technologies allow Licensees to setup and deploy Digital Voice solutions virtually anywhere in the world in a matter of days, without fear of infringing on mainstream VoIP patents. (see Verizon/Vonage litigation)
2. Lawful Intercept (Intercepting VoIP communications and other data communications) US Patent Publication No. 20100150138, (Link to Digifonica Lawful Intercept USPTO filing): Lawful Intercept is a technology that addresses the national and international demands by governments to enable law agencies the ability to perform scheduled and live intercepts on Digital Voice telephone conversations. Network Service providers such as Skype may soon want to be in compliance with government regulations regarding Lawful Intercept.
3. Mobile Gateway, US Patent Publication No. 20110122827, (Link to Digifonica Mobile Gateway USPTO filing): This patent is designed to allow a single subscriber device to connect automatically to WiFi/WiMax and other wireless data connections.
4. Enhanced 911 (Emergency Assistance calling for VoIP communications) International Application No. PCT/CA2008/000545: This is a patented technology which allows for Short Code/Emergency Dialing; in other words, the ability to enable true Emergency Calling solutions to Digital Voice subscribers.
5. Advanced Interoperability Solutions (Uninterrupted Transmission of Internet Protocol Transmissions during Endpoint Changes) International Application No. PCT/CA2009/001317: This patent allows the transfer of in-session digital voice calls between disparate wireless technologies, enabling subscribers to roam seamlessly between different WiFi, WiMAX, 3G and 4G antenna technologies without losing a call.
Voip-Pal.Com is a broadband VoIP telecom company offering local and long distance VoIP services to residential and business customers.
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]