Tablet enough for you? [Michigan Chronicle (MI)]
(Michigan Chronicle (MI) Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) The LG Intuition pushes the boundaries of the smartphone
Most of us have started using our smartphones like quasi-tablet devices. Problem is, our screens are a lot less than 7" and the overall experience isn't comparable. Particularly when you're doing any long-term writing or research, it can be frustrating navigating, pinching, zooming in and out on our mobile phones. Verizon Wireless' LG Intuition takes this into account, and gives us a hybrid of sorts.
Let me explain.
Smartphones are not only growing "smarter" with more powerful processors and features, but the screens are now larger to accommodate HD viewing and users wanting a richer experience. Look no further than the iPhone 5 and its chief competitor, the Galaxy SHI. But why choose, when there's the Intution
LG's 5-inch display with high-definition detail gives customers a premium viewing experience with exceptionally sharp detail, and the 4:3 aspect ratio makes it ideal for reading e-books, watching videos, Web browsing and reviewing presentations. The Intuition features the Polaris Office app, allowing customers to view, create, edit and share documents, spreadsheets and presentations right on the Intuition's large display and can even organize files by category or folder.
Here are some key features to consider:
The QuickMemo app can be used with a single press of a button and allows customers to draw or write messages with the included Rubberdium pen or with their finger on just about any screen. Add a personalized handwritten note to pictures, maps, websites and easily share with friends through text messages, social media, e-mail and more. Customers can even pick different colors and pen types to help further customize their notes.
The Intuition also features the LG Tag+ app and two reprogrammable NFC (Near Field Communications) stickers that can be used to create and switch between different phone modes with a single tap. For example, the stickers can be posted onto an office door or bedroom nightstand and customers simply tap the NFC sticker with their phone to activate a mode and tap it again to return to their original settings. The different modes are customizable and include Car Mode, Office Mode, Sleep Mode and User Mode. Settings like Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi and more can be turned on or o ff by tapping the back of the Intuition on an LG Tag+ sticker.
Using the LG Intuition felt very - excuse the pun - intuitive. The weather updates are represented in real time with 3D. It's impressive to see the world outside, inside the palm of your hands: sunshine (with glare), rainy days, and gathering clouds. It's all here.
Holding it up to make or answer a phone call, feels kind of silly (like talking into a very large remote control), so you'd definitely want to invest in a Bluetooth headset.
True, the device isn't for everyone, but it is for anyone looking for more than the average smartphone, and a little less bulky than a full-sized tablet.
And, best of all, it costs about the same as an average smartphone: $199.
So, let's summarize here.
You get the best of both worlds, one bill, and an HD experience. Next to the Samsung Galaxy line of phones, the LG Intuition is one of the most innovative products yet to run on the Android OS.
One of my biggest complaints of late has been the lack of innovation in mobile technology. Everyone's copying everyone else, with fewer wow moments. The LG Intuition isn't trying to be like anything else on the market, and that's quite refreshing.
The LG INTUITION is a bold move in mobile technology.
* 5-inch display with high-definition detail
* 4:3 aspect ratio to fully use the screen size and eliminate dead space
* 650 NIT display provides excellent legibility and sharp details even in direct sunlight
* The Notebook app turns the Intuition into a virtual notepad for creating documents which, can include text, drawings, images, annotations, video and voice clips
* Business ready with enterprise grade security, corporate data encryption with Data-at-Rest Encryption (DARE), secure multi-headed VPN for corporate network connections, remote wipe capability and more
* Suite of Amazon apps includes Kindle, Shopping, MP3, Zappos, IMDB and Audible so customers can watch movie trailers, download audio books, shopping and more
* 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and 1080p HD video recording
* 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for video chatting
* Enhanced camera features include voice commands to take a picture, continuous shot to take 6 shots with one tap and panorama shot to merge horizontal shots.
* Android(TM) 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
* 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM
* Mobile Hotspot - Share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
* Bluetooth® Version 3.0 + HS
* SmartShare - Share media wirelessly to DLNA®-enabled devices
Pricing and Availability:
* Intuition by LG will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com starting Sept. 6 and will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores starting Sept. 10 for $199.99 with a new twoyear customer agreement.
* As an online only promotion, customers who purchase Intuition by LG at www.verizonwireless.com between Sept. 6 and Sept. 10 will also receive a LG Tone Stereo Bluetooth® headset at no additional cost
* Customers purchasing the Intuition by LG will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless data plan. Share Everything Plans allow customers to add Intuition by LG to their account for $40 monthly access. For additional information, customers should go to www.verizonwireless.com/shareeverything
* For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
By Cornelius A. Fortune
(c) 2012 Michigan Chronicle
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]