This week, cloud communications solutions provider Vonage (News - Alert) revealed the Vonage Communications Platform(VCP) will now have HIPAA-compliant messaging capabilities. The new features will allow healthcare professionals to send secure communications through multiple channels, supporting the growing demand for telemedical services among patients.
Vonage has been on somewhat of a hot streak in terms of company development and global pressnes. Just last week, representatives of the company revealed a number of new solutions to support small business development in the hybrid era. Vonage’s focus on HIPAA compliance demonstrates its attention toward emerging consumer needs, as digital communications continue to rise out of both convenience and necessity.
"The world of healthcare has irrevocably changed since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, as patients and providers adapted and shifted to telehealth solutions," said Jay Bellissimo, Chief Operating Officer, Vonage. "As we emerge from the pandemic, patients will continue to expect seamless, convenient digital experiences on their time and their preferred channels. By combining the Vonage Video and SMS APIs, providers have the power to build HIPAA-compliant patient communication journeys, offering security and personalized care at every touchpoint."
New HIPAA-compliant capabilities available for the Vonage Communications Platform include:
- Automated Appointment Experience - Manage appointment scheduling easily via mobile appointment check-in and pre and post-visit text alerts.
- Patient Relationship Management - Organizations can provide a higher standard of care with convenient mobile prescription notices, medical reminders, and important follow-ups.
- Situation Readiness - Ensure staff and patients are alerted in real time during time-critical circumstances. Organizations can stay prepared with a secure text message solution that ensures targeted messages are sent and received.
- Digital Surveys - Collect valuable patient feedback and continue to elevate their medical experience.
- Authentication - Authenticate patients and ensure privacy and security - using Vonage's trusted two factor authentication tools.
Edited by Maurice Nagle