Today at ITEXPO (News - Alert) in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, MSP and tech innovator Unified Office unveiled a real-time communications in-room concierge service platform that blends multiple services together on a sleek tablet-based experience which guests can use to enhance their stay – and which hospitality brands can use to generate new revenue while driving operational efficiency.
The company also announced they’ve been awarded their fourth U.S. Patent. This design patent covers the technology used in Unified Office’s business communications platform for the hospitality industry that enables hotel operators to return passive revenue generation to their hotel rooms. The solution runs on top of the company’s also-patented High-Quality Reliable ProtocolTM (HQRPTM) network platform.
“Hotel facility operators are experiencing very rapid and dynamic changes in their businesses,” said Ray Pasquale, Founder & CEO of Unified Office. “Our concierge services platform takes functionality far beyond the ordering of services requested from guests. We designed it in response to the common needs of the hospitality industry; first to improve their overall communications services, and then to help them with their operational productivity, bringing their customer experience to new levels while simultaneously expanding opportunities for increasing revenues.”
The in-room experience is a money-maker for hotels, who can easily sell sponsored advertisements that promote local businesses (including bars and restaurants, spas, gyms and tourist attractions).
Hotels can also advertise their own services and streamline the process of requesting more towels, room cleanings at specific times, in-room beverages and dining, and more with just a few simple tablet taps and swipes. Guest requests are routed over a secure private network to the appropriate hotel staff members, improving the experience of both guests and staff (and generating more profitable revenue associated with each stay).
The global connected hotel systems and solutions market size is expected to grow in the forecast period of 2023-2028 at a CAGR of 25.0%, according to a recent report published by EMR Research.
The hospitality industry was put under extraordinary pressure when the global pandemic all but shut down travel, but some say the pent-up demand is driving growth. The combination of travel bans, shelter-in-place regulations, and continuing uncertain economic conditions, according to research by the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA), caused nine times the economic damage experienced in the aftermath of 9/11.
The AHLA said “hotels across the country are resilient and focused on creating an environment ready for guests when travel begins to return,” creating jobs and often taking advantage of the U.S. federal stimulus package which includes $25 billion in grants for the industry.
Furthermore, the bipartisan Hospitality and Commerce Job Recovery Act is making a difference, though revenue per available room (RevPAR) is not expected to recover to pre-pandemic levels until 2024.
Unified Office’s Concierge Services Platform integrates with leading hotel management and messaging services such as Opera, Synergy (News - Alert), and Kipsu to provide full customer visit, bookings, and preference details with each incoming call, along with other productivity tools. Hotel staff can answer and transfer calls from any device, from any location. They can also easily change their messages-on-hold, voicemail, and text messages, and add customized work flows dynamically whenever they choose. Managers can also use Unified Office’s analytics to create an at-a-glance view of customer service responsiveness in real-time for pending guest requests for housekeeping, front desk, room service, concierge services, and other guest services.
- Integration with leading hotel customer management software.
- Centralized operations portal to remotely view, configure and manage communications services, including dialing schemes, messaging, and workflows.
- No more dropped or clipped calls, busy signals, placing customers on hold, or sending them to voicemail.
- The ability to customize communications work flows that reflect operational needs.
- Uniformity of services enables staff to easily bring their offices home with them or wherever they happen to be throughout the facilities on any given day.
- A hybrid, on-premise and cloud-based solution that enables the highest quality VoIP offering available with the most reliable and resilient service platform.
- Business continuity that eliminates downtime by finding and fixing problems in most cases before the customer becomes aware of them.
- Superior customer service, 24X7, provided by Unified Office.
- Rapid installation of services without interrupting their business.
- Real-time analytics for customer service training, coaching, and other types of operational performance assessments.
- Cost savings from eliminating outdated systems, expensive legacy PBXs, and the need for costly legacy T1 lines and MPLS circuits.
In total, a single end-to-end managed service solution provided by one vendor means one call gets it all done with one partner.
“We are gratified to receive this fourth patent from the U.S. Patent Office,” said Ray Pasquale, Founder & CEO of Unified Office. “This further strengthens Unified Office’s position as an innovator and proven technology leader in the marketplace. Our innovations are designed to help customers improve operations, generate higher levels of customer satisfaction, increase customer retention, and in many cases, increase revenues and profitability.”
Arti Loftus is an experienced Information Technology specialist with a demonstrated history of working in the research, writing, and editing industry with many published articles under her belt.
Edited by Alex Passett