20 Activities and Ideas for Team Building
Teams can get lost in the shuffle and often, lose the concept that they have to work together and need some sort of reminder. Words or an email are just not enough; there are a bevy of customer service training ideas as well as activities that can be tried out to keep your team engaged as well as excited to be together. It can also open new doors for communication as they work as a team to achieve a common goal. Here are 20 activities that are worth a shot and some are not even that time consuming so they can be done with even the busiest of teams.
- The goal is to plan a metaphorical trip; first half, no one knows where they are going so they need to come up with three items to bring (together) then are asked about their choices. A destination is given, exercise is repeated, seeing how well they work together once having this knowledge.
- Share what methods keep you motivated. Everyone writes down a handful of ways that gets them through the day, keeps them smiling or makes them happy then they can anonymously share these tactics.
- Silence while measuring and putting clothes on someone for five minutes is a brilliant way to show employees what it is like to be a customer and not have any positive interaction in a store at all. Lack of communication is uncomfortable.
- Four quadrants and four tasks, like singing, hopping, etc., to see where everyone ends up in the end.
- Have employees write letters from a customer’s POV to see what it is like to be a visitor in the store.
- Telephone is a fun game that will make everyone laugh but it will remind employees how awful gossip is.
- Break into groups and ask three questions and repeat, then write answers down from memory as a reminder to listen.
- Take time to just ask questions; no answers!
- Play bad customer to learn patience and calming skills.
- HEARD from Disney (News - Alert): HEAR, EMPATHIZE, APOLOGIZE, RESOLVE, DIAGNOSE
- Candid Camera is another name/face memory game.
- Tangled Web involves weaving a web of yarn and learning what you have in common until you’re tangled.
- Marshmallow Challenge using String, 30 pieces of dry pasta, one marshmallow, one meter of tape, one piece of string; proceed to build a tower.
- Define customer service based off of buzz words.
- Look at the company mission statement then have teams create their own.
- Demonstrate a tough customer service experience and how they resolved it.
- True, true, false where each person tells two truths and one lie about themselves. Which is which?
- Stranger Challenge can be found here.
- Egg drop where two teams must take a week to create an encasing to protect the egg from cracking.
- Customer service charades, pretty self explanatory.
So, which one will your team be doing first?
Edited by Erik Linask