Call Center Management Feature Article
November 28, 2012
Why Call Center Metrics Must be Actionable
By Amanda Ciccatelli, TMCnet Web Editor
Key performance indicators (KPI) are important these days for contact centers, but they aren’t all created equally. There is often a question about the type of contact center metrics you should track, and how actionable those metrics are. Today, most contact center managers focus on KPIs that measure efficiency, which include metrics like average call handling times, average wrap-up times and call script adherence.
So, ask yourself, “Do I have access to metrics at the time when I can still have an impact? And, “Can I actually make a change at that moment and have an impact?”
How can you make metrics actionable? Well, in a recent blog post, Monet Software suggests the use of scorecards, key performance indicators (KPI), real-time dashboards and customizable alerts deliver a constant stream of intelligence helping contact centers take the right action at the right time to meet business goals.
“This will transform contact center management from a reactive to a proactive approach and helps make more informed decisions faster, resulting in higher customer satisfaction, more cost control and better utilization of resources,” explained Monet.
Additional benefits include:
- Provides management with a unified view to monitor and analyze key performance metrics such as agent adherence, service levels, labor costs and staffing resulting in more informed decisions.
- Motivates agents to self-manage performance and take action with supervisors based on real data and KPI’s to meet objectives.
- Frees up time for managers to focus on working with agents, training and planning, instead of collecting and analyzing data.
Now it is time for you to implement the processes to get the data and use it to drive positive change in your contact center. Look at your processes, your agents, your scripts, and your customers. Then, make this data work actionably for your contact center by gaining an initial measurement and showing incremental progress over time.
For more information about this topic, please watch Monet’s video on call center performance metrics.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO Miami 2013, Jan 29- Feb. 1 in Miami, Florida. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.
Edited by Jamie Epstein
Call Center Management Resources
- NEW-GECU Increases Productivity and Service Levels with Monet Software
- NEW-Avesis Increases Productivity and Reduces Costs with Monet Software
- Call Center Scheduling, Forecasting & Adherence
- Call Center Supervisor Collaboration
- Call Recording
- Call Center Quality Management & Monitoring
- Performance Management & Agent Analytics