Call Center Management Feature Article
October 31, 2012
Call Recording is Essential for Call Center Management
By Robbie Pleasant, TMCnet Contributor
Whenever one reaches a call center, it’s common to hear “this call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.” This, of course, is a good thing. Not only does it mean the call center agents will be trying its hardest to do a good job, but it also means you’ll have your issues on the record, having something to back you up if you do get a poor agent. Rather than just having “may be monitored,” though, the best way to go about that is with call recording.
According to a recent Monet Software blog post, with call recording, all calls can be monitored and reviewed, both keeping track of individual callers and ensuring constant quality. It’s also particularly useful for assessing performances, so any bad habits can be caught and fixed, and one can get a good idea of their strengths and weaknesses.
Call recording can prove useful for improving call completion time and reducing time on hold. The agents will be more focused, sticking to the company script to help the customers. Of course, it’s also helpful for dealing with irate customers, and any agents who have to deal with unkind ones won’t be penalized for what is the customer’s fault.
Additionally, call recording software helps reduce the frequency of follow-up calls. Should any additional calls be necessary, the customer’s information and records of previous calls are right there on file – there’s no reason to try and find the agent they spoke with before to continue where they left off, since anyone can find the customer’s information from the call records.
The data from call records make it easier to settle disputes, uncover issues, and help customers quickly. It’s essential for any call center, but one that many are still overlooking. Don’t just monitor calls for quality assurance – keep track of everything with call recording.
Edited by Amanda Ciccatelli
Call Center Management Resources
- NEW-4 Tips to Improve Intraday Management in Your Contact Center
- NEW-The Human Services Agency of San Francisco Improves Scheduling and Transparency with Monet Software
- NEW-Cost and Benefit Comparison: Cloud vs. Premise vs. Hosted
- Bayview Loan Servicing Boosts Efficiency of Staffing/Scheduling with Monet Software
- GECU Increases Productivity and Service Levels with Monet Software
- Call Center Scheduling, Forecasting & Adherence
- Call Center Supervisor Collaboration
- Call Recording
- Call Center Quality Management & Monitoring
- Performance Management & Agent Analytics