Call Center Management Feature Article
October 11, 2012
UPMC Health Plan is Recognized a Third Time for Call Center Management Excellence
By Amanda Ciccatelli, TMCnet Web Editor
We live in a world full of information that makes it hard to cut through the overwhelming amount of data to get to what matters. Today’s most successful contact centers know how to sift through and manage the distracting data in order to get to the real heart of what should be measured to mark success around and improve the customer experience.
For the third time, UPMC Health Plan has been recognized for call center excellence under the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Call Center Certification Program. UPMC Health Plan earned call center certification in 2009 and again in 2011.
"Customers report that it is quick and easy to get to UPMC Health Plan's customer service representatives, which is so important in the industry they compete in,” said Mark Miller, senior director at J.D. Power and Associates, in a statement.
To become certified, UPMC Health Plan's call center passed an in-depth audit of more than 100 practices that encompass the call center's recruiting, training, employee incentives, management roles and responsibilities and quality assurance capabilities. Additionally, J.D. Power and Associates conducted a survey of UPMC Health Plan customers who recently contacted the call center.
“By earning certification for a third time it, demonstrates that we continue to focus on our members and on delivering quality, affordable care,” explained Diane P. Holder, president and CEO of UPMC Health Plan.”
The call center certification program was originally established in order to evaluate overall customer satisfaction with call centers and to help call centers in a range of industries increase efficiency and effectiveness by establishing and updating practices for handling service calls.
“Providing unparalleled service to our members is always our goal," said Mary Beth Jenkins, CEO of UPMC Health Plan. "We are committed to going the extra mile in providing a high-touch, concierge approach."
Edited by Allison Boccamazzo
Call Center Management Resources
- NEW-4 Tips to Improve Intraday Management in Your Contact Center
- NEW-The Human Services Agency of San Francisco Improves Scheduling and Transparency with Monet Software
- NEW-Cost and Benefit Comparison: Cloud vs. Premise vs. Hosted
- Bayview Loan Servicing Boosts Efficiency of Staffing/Scheduling with Monet Software
- GECU Increases Productivity and Service Levels with Monet Software
- Call Center Scheduling, Forecasting & Adherence
- Call Center Supervisor Collaboration
- Call Recording
- Call Center Quality Management & Monitoring
- Performance Management & Agent Analytics