NORWALK, CT (September 21, 2012)–TMC, a global, integrated media company helping clients build communities in print, in person and online, and Alcatel-Lucent (News - Alert) announced today a complimentary Webinar, “Breaking Down the Application and Network Infrastructure Silos,” live on Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM EDT / 8:00 AM PDT.
The course of the last decade has seen the introduction of a completely disruptive technology to computing – that of virtualization. Virtualization has brought enormous flexibility to computing including the ability to dynamically optimize resource utilization based upon current workloads. Unfortunately, this new found flexibility for computing has not been matched by an equivalent capability for the data center network.
The traditional network has generally has very little awareness of the applications that are generating traffic over it and conversely, the new virtual application control systems are unaware of the conditions prevailing within the network. Thus the network and the applications are operating effectively in silos and with that, any attempt by the network or the application controllers, i.e. the hypervisor, to improve resource utilization in most cases can only achieve a suboptimal result.
Alcatel-Lucent has joined forces with VMware to provide an application fluent data center network that is completely pre-integrated with VMware’s hypervisor vCenter to support virtual machine mobility, taking a significant step in breaking down the Application – network silos.
This Webinar will review:
- The requirements for automation in Data Center Networks to meet the needs of virtualized workloads
- Specific challenges faced in design and deployment of data center networks due to server virtualization, and virtualized applications such as desktop virtualization
- Best practices to reduce the total cost of ownership with a data center network tuned for the delivery of virtualized workloads
- New VMware pre-integrated data center network solution from Alcatel-Lucent providing the automation required for today’s virtualized workloads.
This Webinar is recommended for:
- IT Managers responsible for setting strategy for the Data Center Networks
- Applications managers looking to deliver high quality time application delivery on a network that is tuned for their application virtualization platforms
- CIO’s looking to understand risk, benefits and a practical approach to transforming the data center network for new real-time applications such as virtual desktop
- Andre Kindness, Senior Analyst Serving Infrastructure & Operations Professionals, Forrester (News - Alert)
- David Fortini, Director, Strategic Alliances, Enterprise Network Group, Alcatel-Lucent
- Sanjay Aiyagari, Partner Architect for Telco Alliances, VMWare
- Peter Bernstein, Senior Editor, TMCnet
Register now for, “Breaking Down the Application and Network Infrastructure Silos,” live on Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM EDT / 8:00 AM PDT.
“TMCnet Webinars are a tremendous resource and an excellent way to provide training on highly relevant topics, and the fact that it is offered at no-cost to attendees is a huge benefit for companies as a way to educate employees without the travel expense” said Rich Tehrani, CEO at TMC (News - Alert). “Webinars are also a great way to introduce vendors to possible customers in a mutually beneficial and informative manner that often leads to productive relationships.”
For more information, please visit www.tmcnet.com.
About TMCnet Webinars
TMCnet Webinars feature live, interactive presentations covering relevant topics, presented by top industry executives. Attendees watch and listen to the presentation as it happens over their computer, and have the opportunity to submit questions to the speaker(s) in real-time. The TMCnet Webinar program typically attracts 300 to 500 registrants per event.
TMCnet Webinars are archived and available On-Demand.
Companies interested in sponsoring their own Webinar event can contact client services at 203-852-6800 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about TMCnet Webinars, please visit www.tmcnet.com/webinars.
TMC is celebrating its 40th anniversary as a global, integrated media company that helps clients build communities in print, in person, and online.TMC publishes the TMC’s CUSTOMER Magazine (formerly Customer Interaction Solutions), INTERNET TELEPHONY, Next Gen Mobility, and Cloud Computing magazines. TMCnet.com, which is read by 1.5 million unique visitors each month, is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries. TMC is the producer of ITEXPO, the world’s leading B2B communications event. In addition, TMC runs multiple industry events: Cloud Communications Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; CVx (ChannelVision Expo); DevCon5; HTML5 Summit; LatinComm Conference & Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Mobility Tech Conference & Expo; MSPAlliance MSPWorld; StartupCamp; Video World Conference & Expo and more.
For more information about TMC, visit www.tmcnet.com.
203-852-6800 x 22
Edited by Braden Becker