Webinars - Featured Articles
TMC's Smart Grid and Oracle Present a Webinar
NORWALK, CT (March 30, 2012) – Smart Grid, the leading website dedicated to the rapidly developing technologies that enable and harness Smart Grids, and Oracle (News - Alert), announced today a complimentary Webinar, “How Oracle Fusion Middleware Can Address Data Challenges OEMs & ISVs Face Designing and Deploying Smart Grid Solutions,” live on Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM EDT/3:00 PM GMT.
This complimentary webinar, sponsored by Oracle, will discusses how data from the edge, generated by meters, sensors, devices, substations and mobile data terminals to back-end systems can be handled with the aid of Oracle technologies to reap the most benefits for the consumer, environment and utilities themselves. Ultimately this session will highlight why Oracle Fusion Middleware is the smart grid choice for OEMs and systems integrators seeking a true end-to-end solution for utilities today.
Utilities ISVs and OEMs today see tremendous challenges associated with the characteristics of the smart grid which require fundamental re-design of traditional systems in order to meet the smart grid needs. The “data tsunami” from meters, sensors, substations, and mobile data terminals presents unprecedented challenges to the data center.
Along with the data influx comes many opportunities for two-way communications and control, pulling the traditionally separate back office into the operational realm. Business leaders are demanding flexible and rapid response to changing requirements, putting severe pressures on enterprise application architectures that have long existed in separate and rigid silos.
Processes that used to complete in days and now happen in seconds and application platforms must support real-time automated decision making and ensure high levels of data quality and reliability. Specific, targeted analytics must be delivered across the enterprise, turning data into actionable information.
Drawing on Oracle’s strong position in the Utilities market, this webinar will review:
- How Oracle sees the challenges of the Smart Grid
- Traditional utility application solutions versus a Service-Oriented Architecture approach: platform architectural changes required to meet the demands of new business processes such as flexible demand response, smart distribution system and processes, and improved customer interactions.
- The value of Oracle Fusion Middleware in smart grid solutions
- As an information company, how our Fusion Middleware Technology can address the data challenges of the smart grid
- Which Oracle products can underpin ISV and OEM smart grid solutions which enable you to integrate between legacy systems and new applications, deploy security technology, build robust systems to collect, read and analyze event data from sensor based devices, as well supporting distributed architectures for operational systems, asset management etc.
- Use Oracle existing Fusion Middleware (as opposed to developing home-grown solutions) to address the data challenges and reduce total cost of ownership, enabling you as an OEM, ISV Systems Integrator of smart grid solutions to focus on your expertise in Utilities
Register now for “How Oracle Fusion Middleware Can Address Data Challenges OEMs & ISVs Face Designing and Deploying Smart Grid Solutions” live on live on Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM EDT / 3:00 PM GMT.
“TMCnet Webinars are a tremendous resource and an excellent way to provide training on highly relevant topics, and the fact that it is offered at no-cost to attendees is a huge benefit for companies as a way to educate employees without the travel expense,” said Rich Tehrani, TMC (News - Alert) CEO. “Webinars are also a great way to introduce vendors to possible customers in a mutually beneficial and informative manner that often leads to productive relationships.”
For more information, please visit www.tmcnet.com.
About TMCnet Webinars
TMCnet Webinars feature live, interactive presentations covering relevant topics, presented by top industry executives. Attendees watch and listen to the presentation as it happens over their computer, and have the opportunity to submit questions to the speaker(s) in real-time. The TMCnet Webinar program typically attracts 300 to 500 registrants per event.
TMCnet Webinars are archived and available On-Demand.
Companies interested in sponsoring their own Webinar event can contact client services at 203-852-6800 or by email at email@example.com.
For more information about TMCnet Webinars, please visit www.tmcnet.com/webinars.
About Smart Grid
Smart Grid is the leading website dedicated to the rapidly developing technologies that enable and harness smart grids, with particular emphasis on applications, products and software for improving residential, business, institutional and facilities’ power consumption.
This website offers information and analysis for anyone interested in researching, purchasing and applying smart grid technologies. It includes smart grid industry news and expert analysis by Carl Ford, Crossfire Media. Visitors will find free resources including Online Communities, blogs, feature articles, videos and more. SmartGrid.TMCnet.com is sponsored by TMC, an integrated, global media company helping clients in print, in person and online, and Crossfire Media, an integrated marketing company with a core focus on future trends in technology. Please visit http://smart-grid.tmcnet.com
TMC is a global, integrated media company that helps clients build communities in print, in person, and online. TMC publishes Cloud Computing, Customer Interaction Solutions, INTERNET TELEPHONY, and Next Gen Mobility magazines. TMC is the producer of ITEXPO, the world’s leading B2B communications and technology event. TMCnet.com, which is read by as many as two million unique visitors each month, is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries. In addition, TMC runs multiple industry events including ITEXPO (News - Alert), M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; DevCon5; HTML5 Summit; Super Wi-Fi Summit; AstriCon; Cloud Communications Expo, Cloud4SMB Expo and more. Visit TMC Events for a complete listing and further information.
203-852-6800 x 228
Edited by Jennifer Russell
Related Webinar Articles
- Scale-Out Cloud Storage is Becoming a Popular Value-Added Offering for MSPs
- Are You Using Key Performance Indicators of the Past in a Next-Gen Contact Center?
- Leveraging Speech in the Call Center to Create Customer Delight
- Uncovering the Roadblocks to First-Call Resolution
- Red Hat Provides Use Cases for Open Source Cloud Storage