Immix Biopharma Subsidiary Nexcella Completes 2nd NXC-201 Engineering Batch at its U.S. CAR-T Manufacturing Site
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 19, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Immix Biopharma, Inc. (“ImmixBio”, “Company”, “We” or “Us”), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company pioneering personalized therapies for oncology and immunology, today announced the successful completion of its 2nd CAR-T NXC-201 engineering batch at its U.S. manufacturing site. This represents an important step forward in the planned U.S. expansion of the Company’s ongoing Phase 1b/2a NEXICART-1 (NCT04720313) study of its novel BCMA-targeted chimeric antigen receptor T (CAR-T) cell therapy NXC-201.
“The completion of our 2nd U.S. engineering batch is a key step towards expanding our NXC-201 clinical trial to the United States,” said Ilya Rachman, M.D. PhD Chief Executive Officer of Immix Biopharma. “Not only is NXC-201 the first CAR-T in AL amyloidosis, in addition we believe NXC-201’s observed zero neurotoxicity and favorable tolerability profile across 58 patients to-date could enable expansion into earlier lines of therapy and out-patient NXC-201 dosing.”
“Today, CAR-T cell therapies generate greater than $3 billion of annualized sales, even though due to side effects, they are dosed in only 5% of U.S. hospitals,” said Gabriel Morris, Chief Financial Officer, Immix Biopharma. “We believe NXC-201 will overcome the neurotoxicity and side effect barrier to expand CAR-Ts into to the remaining 95% of the market.”
About Nexcella, Inc.
About Immix Biopharma, Inc.
Forward Looking Statements
Keynote Panel: The Continued Rise of AI: Embracing the Known and Unknown to Drive Business Results
Building Brands in the Metaverse
The Basics: Architecture & Platform Integration