This Week in Tech News: 9 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy technology industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a new Microsoft gaming partnership.
NEW YORK, March 17, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the business technology industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Voyager Space Acquires ZIN Technologies, Inc.
Voyager Space's acquisition of ZIN is an essential step in expanding the company's space infrastructure and technology capabilities to further its Starlab development efforts.
- Microsoft announces partnership with cloud gaming provider Boosteroid to bring more games to more players around the world
Through a new 10-year agreement to support Boosteroid's leading Ukrainian software development team, Microsoft will bring Xbox PC games, as well as Activision Blizzard titles including "Call of Duty," to the largest independent cloud gaming provider in the world.
- Paper Acquires Readlee to Address Literacy Crisis with Artificial Intelligence
The tool listens to students as they read aloud and provides immediate feedback, individualized support, and measurable success. The platform uses the latest in AI, speech recognition, and learning science, which shows that reading aloud improves memory, vocabulary, and confidence.
- Law Enforcement Partner Truleo Releases "Responsible Transcription"
The technology automatically detects risky events such as use of force, pursuits, frisking, and non-compliance incidents, and screens for both professional and unprofessional officer language for supervisors to praise or review.
- Montavista launches a new line of Lithium Metal Battery products, increasing flight time of a commercial drone by 60~80 %
The METARY® P Series cells provide not only a high specific energy over 400 Wh/kg that can sustain an ultralong in-air time for a commercial drone, but also a high specific power that can lift and maneuver it safely at high speed.
- Skillshare Unveils New Product Features to Motivate and Celebrate Skill Development Across Its More Than 30,000 Creative Focused Classes
"A large number of Skillshare members come to the platform for continued professional learning to master new skills and make themselves more marketable in an increasingly challenging job market," said Matt Cooper, CEO, Skillshare.
- MIT Technology Review's Future Compute event, set for Spring 2023
MIT Technology Review's Future Compute, a two-day event which hosts CTOs and IT leadership from around the globe, uncovers the emerging technologies of tomorrow and explores the tech-forward strategies needed to run a cost-effective IT infrastructure today.
- Stanford Engineering Opens Enrollment for Free Online Course that Teaches Beginner Coding Skills -- No Programming Experience Required
The goal of the six-week course, which begins April 24, is to make computer science education accessible to more people while creating an engaged community of learners and instructors from around the world.
- DigitalReef Merges with Gamers Club in Historic Deal to Disrupt $360B Gaming and Digital Media Market
Newly rebranded as Siprocal, the consolidation of these two companies creates a groundbreaking gaming distribution, monetization, and engagement platform, leveraging leading, direct audience access and insight throughout the Americas.
Read more of the latest business technology releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtech on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for JinkoSolar.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-tech-news-9-stories-you-need-to-see-301774564.html
SOURCE PR Newswire
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]