This Week in Tech News: 10 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy technology industry press releases from PR Newswire, including the new Samsung Galaxy S23 and Vrbo's new party prevention technology.
NEW YORK, Feb. 3, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the business technology industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- The Threat from Within: 71% of Business Leaders Surveyed Think Next Cybersecurity Breach Will Come from the Inside
The survey points to the need for ever-increasing vigilance via employee training and awareness, along with continued investment in system upgrades and staff. Only half (50%) said they are conducting cybersecurity training on a regular basis.
- LivePerson enhances Conversational Cloud with the latest in Generative AI to drive better business outcomes
The leading conversational AI company — trusted by hundreds of the world's biggest brands — is upgrading its platform with cutting-edge generative capabilities, including ChatGPT.
- Take Your Passions Further with the New Samsung Galaxy S23 Series
Galaxy S23 Ultra's most advanced camera, next-level gaming performance, and more eco-conscious design come together in Samsung's most innovative Galaxy S series yet.
- Vrbo Launches New Technology to Prevent Party House Bookings
The technology generates a "risk score" for each booking based on multiple factors, including but not limited to the length of stay, lead time before the stay begins, number of guests who are booking, listing's number of beds and variety of other amenities, and weekday of first booked night.
- OpenText Buys Micro Focus
OpenText CEO & CTO Mark J. Barrenechea said, "Digital life is life, and with Micro Focus' great products and talent, we will help organizations of all sizes accelerate their digital transformation."
- LinkedIn for Nonprofits Launches Free LinkedIn Resource Hub for Nonprofits The LinkedIn for Nonprofits Resource Hub will be the destination for global nonprofit professionals to access free online resources, including a collection of guides and best practices. The Resource Hub will also include custom support through live webinars and "Ask-Me-Anything" sessions.
- Sony Electronics Launches new ES 8K AV Receiver Lineup This new lineup features four new models that are intended to deliver an elevated experience, while also being designed for integrators with optimized configurability, flexible connectivity and advanced IP control compatibility with leading control systems.
- Cision Announces Cali Tran as New CEO
"Cision is in a unique position to bring a holistic, omni-media view of market intelligence to the most progressive market leaders across all essential global industries," added Tran.
- Warner Music Group Announces the Launch of Rhythm City, its First Persistent Music Experience on Roblox
Rhythm City will introduce users to artists and music through social roleplay and provide them access to a collection of digital items sold exclusively on Roblox.
- IBM and NASA Collaborate to Research Impact of Climate Change with AI Earth observations that allow scientists to study and monitor our planet are being gathered at unprecedented rates and volume. New and innovative approaches are required to extract knowledge from these vast data resources. The goal of this work is to provide an easier way for researchers to analyze and draw insights from these large datasets.
Read more of the latest business technology releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtech on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for Meta, Silicon Labs, and Match Group.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-tech-news-10-stories-you-need-to-see-301738072.html
SOURCE PR Newswire
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]