This Week in Consumer News: 12 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy consumer and retail industry press releases from PR Newswire, including America's most romantic restaurants and brands' promotions for the Big Game.
NEW YORK, Feb. 3, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the consumer and retail industries stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Diner Reviews are in: OpenTable Announces the 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America Ahead of Valentine's Day
John Tsou, VP of Marketing for OpenTable, said, "Data from our Q1 Diners Survey3 also revealed that US diners are looking to splurge for the holiday: over one-third plan to spend more money on Valentine's Day dining this year, compared to years past."
- Gap Collaborates with The Brooklyn Circus on a Capsule Celebrating the Spirit of Individuality and Culture
Designed to close style, gender, and generational gaps, the Gap × The Brooklyn Circus collection includes product icons from each brand, including the varsity jacket and Gap's classic arch logo hoodie. Street-style separates including chinos, basketball shorts, sweatpants, an Oxford popover, rugby, chore jacket and a crewneck sweatshirt round out the capsule, styled back to Gap's iconic denim.
- Drizly & Gopuff Join Forces For On-Demand Alcohol Delivery
Gopuff Liquor & More, BevMo!, and Liquor Barn stores are now available on Drizly's marketplace in 26 states, including Florida, Texas, New York, Indiana, Ohio, North Carolina and more.
- francesca's® Announces Resale Program Powered By thredUP's Resale-as-a-Service® to Combat Fashion Waste
The "forever francesca's®" platform allows customers to shop for secondhand apparel, shoes and accessories online and resell pre-loved items of any brand for shopping credit.
- Sony Electronics Launches new ES 8K AV Receiver Lineup This new lineup features four new models that are intended to deliver an elevated experience, while also being designed for integrators with optimized configurability, flexible connectivity and advanced IP control compatibility with leading control systems.
- Fancy Feast Launches Limited-Edition "Cuddle Collection" for Cat Lovers
The collection features specially curated gifts to keep cat lovers feeling warm and fuzzy – and fancy – including a Fancy Feast embroidered cat-ear sweater perfect for snuggling with your (real) Valentine, embroidered socks to keep your feet warm, heart-shaped cat toys for the perfect play date, and an insulated wine glass to toast to your love.
- Dr Pepper 'Strawberries & Cream' Added to Popular Beverage Lineup
This latest flavor innovation from Dr Pepper will be the only strawberry and cream-flavored dark soda in the market today.
- Meghan Trainor to Release Her First Book, Dear Future Mama, with Harper Horizon on April 25, 2023
Dear Future Mama is a heartfelt and humorous guide for expectant mamas and their partners inspired by Meghan's own journey into motherhood. The book also offers expert insights from Meghan's own personal trainer, registered dietitian, husband, and ob-gyn.
- Yesway Raises $190 Million in New Equity to Fund Its New Store Construction Program
Given the success of the completed projects to-date, Yesway plans to construct 28 additional new stores in 2023, the majority of which will be funded using the proceeds of the new equity it has raised.
Read more of the latest consumer-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNcnsmr on Twitter.
Big Game, Big News
This week saw a ramp up in news releases related to the upcoming Big Game, which will take place on Sunday, February 12. Consumer brands sent out a variety of announcements related to their game-time ads, promotions, and more. Here are just a few from this week:
- Avocados From Mexico® Unveils Big Game Teaser Starring Actress and Avocado Lover Anna Faris There's good reason for Avocados From Mexico to show up big every year: an estimated 250 million pounds of avocados are consumed leading up to football's biggest weekend, enough to cover a football field with more than 75 feet of guacamole.
- Coors Light and Miller Lite Announce First-Ever High Stakes Ad for the Big Game "After being shut out of the big game for more than 30 years, we wanted to do something that had never been done before," says Michelle St. Jacques, Molson Coors' chief marketing officer. "By giving people the chance to predict every detail of the ad before it even runs, we're bringing our fans along for the ride and getting them just as excited about our return to the big stage as we are."
- Frito-Lay Snack Index Reveals Running Out of Snacks is Worse Than Losing the Super Bowl Among the findings, Millennials (61%) are the most eager to try new snack flavors, followed by Gen Z (57%) and Gen X (52%). On the other hand, baby boomers prefer to stick with tried-and-true classic flavors at 38%.
Read more of the latest Big Game news.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-consumer-news-12-stories-you-need-to-see-301738051.html
SOURCE PR Newswire
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]