This Week in Finance News: 10 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy financial industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a new tool from Zillow and OneUnited's new surcharge free ATM network.
NEW YORK, Jan. 27, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the finance industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Renters Can Now Instantly Book Apartment Tours on Zillow
With automated tour scheduling, renters are assured that they will see the apartment they're interested in at a time that works in their busy schedule, without needing to wait for a response from a property manager. Renters also receive automated email and text reminders for their appointment time.
- The Conference Board Leading Economic Index® (LEI) for the U.S. Declined Sharply Again in December
"The US LEI fell sharply again in December—continuing to signal recession for the US economy in the near term," said Ataman Ozyildirim, Senior Director, Economics, at The Conference Board. "There was widespread weakness among leading indicators in December, indicating deteriorating conditions for labor markets, manufacturing, housing construction, and financial markets in the months ahead."
- Deloitte and Marqeta Announce Alliance to Accelerate Payment Modernization
The strategic alliance will provide joint go-to market offerings and help facilitate new payment experiences for banks, fintechs and payments providers.
- OneUnited Bank Launches Empowerment Network
A historic moment on the eve of Black History Month, the nation's largest Black owned bank launches the nation's largest surcharge free ATM network.
- Announcement by Fox Corporation's Board of Directors On Potential Combination with News Corporation
In withdrawing the proposal, Mr. Murdoch indicated that he and Lachlan K. Murdoch have determined that a combination is not optimal for the shareholders of FOX and News Corp at this time.
- No, Seriously. What Do Employees Want? The Human Priority® to Launch Study The Human Priority is inviting mid to large size companies across industry segments (including healthcare, information technology, and hospitality) to have their employees participate anonymously. Results and strategies to address findings will be shared through a virtual roundtable this summer.
- Introducing Fragsy: The Revolutionary Platform for Upgradable NFTs "Until now standard NFTs have been limited to certain use-cases, and that's where Fragsy comes in. Our platform allows everyone to create, buy and sell NFTs that are upgradable" said CEO Romà Llambés.
- MoneyGram Joins Forces with BOTIM to Launch International Money Transfer to Over 200 Countries
BOTIM, the largest and most popular VoIP solution in MENA, is now the region's first communications platform to enable its users to seamlessly send money around the world.
- Dayforward Raises $25M and Acquires Commercial Travelers Life Insurance Company to Expand Life Insurance Offering Nationwide
The digital-first life insurance company builds on its initial successful launch with a carrier acquisition to expand nationally, bringing financial security to families with revolutionary new products and technology.
- New American Funding and EasyKnock Partner to Improve Housing Stability for American Homeowners
Together, New American Funding and EasyKnock are committed to helping customers access the home equity that they have earned and worked hard for, allowing these homeowners to pay off debts, provide for their families and unlock their financial freedom all while staying in the homes that they know and love.
Read more of the latest finance-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNfinance on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-finance-news-10-stories-you-need-to-see-301731910.html
SOURCE PR Newswire
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]