The Digital Rights Management (DRM) market was valued at USD 2,948.7 million in 2019, and is expected to reach USD 6,033.7 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 12.65%, during the forecast period 2020-2025
NEW YORK, May 13, 2020 /PRNewswire/ --
- Rakuten Viki will encrypt its premium streaming and download content with consumer-compatible and studio-approved multi-DRM, including Apple FairPlay, Microsoft PlayReady, and Google Widevine. Rakuten Viki's users will receive DRM license keys to playback the content from the MultiKey Service platform.
- Consumers are increasingly using services, like Netflix and similar OTT (over-the-top) services worldwide, and are paying for content, proving that consumer behavior has shifted to accept a growing market around OTT. According to the American media measurement and analytics company, comScore, Netflix captures 74% of the total penetration of US OTT households, followed by Youtube with 54%, and Amazon by 33%.
- Players, such as AMD, partnered with Microsoft in Aug 2019 to add Microsoft's PlayReady 3.0 DRM support for its RX 5700 series. This offers 4K protected content, such as Netflix content, to the users of AMD RX 5700.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to be the Fastest Growing Region
- The tremendous growth of smartphones and other mobile devices in the region, since 2010, has fueled the demand for digital media accessibility in mobile devices. As per Cisco, the number of smartphone users in the region is almost half the number of global smartphone users, which crossed the mark of 3 billion in 2018.
- The increasing adoption of IPTV, OTT, and IoT technologies are rising at a tremendous rate among consumers across the region. Also, Asia-Pacific consists of a significant amount of customer base as compared to the other regions, which is helping to drive the demand for the application of DRM market during the forecast period.
- In February 2020, Mola.tv, Indonesia's OTT service provider, secured its services using the Verimatrix Multi-DRM solution, which will protect the live and VOD content streamed by Mola.tv with optimized digital rights management (DRM) capabilities.
- Moreover, the rise in the presence of startup companies, offering innovative solutions is anticipated to drive the growth of the market across the region.
The digital rights management market is moderately competitive and consists of several players. Major players include Microsoft Corporation, Dell Technologies Inc., Fasoo Inc., among others.
- March 2020 - Microsoft released Windows 10 builds 18363.752 and 18362.752 that came with multiple of fixes. The build primarily updates the performance issue in the applications that occurs when the content that is being protected by the digital rights management (DRM) plays or is paused in the background.
- January 2020 - Seclore launched its Seclore for O365, which enables organizations to seamlessly integrate Seclore Rights Management platform with Microsoft O365 platform to provide enhanced data protection.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05893154/?utm_source=PRN
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-digital-rights-management-drm-market-was-valued-at-usd-2-948-7-million-in-2019--and-is-expected-to-reach-usd-6-033-7-million-by-2025--registering-a-cagr-of-12-65-during-the-forecast-period-2020-2025--301058448.html
On Premise Strategies: CBRS and Private LTE
Session Details TBA