LabCentral Announces $22.4 Million in Committed Funding for LabCentral 238 including New Sponsors Thermo Fisher Scientific and Waters Corporation
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Feb. 18, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- LabCentral, the first-of-its-kind shared laboratory space designed as a launchpad for high-potential biotech startups, today announced a total of $22.4 million in sponsorship commitments for LabCentral 238, a fully functional life sciences laboratory with a focus on scale-up bio-manufacturing. Thermo Fisher Scientific and Waters Corporation join Astellas and the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center (MSLC) as sponsors. Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's (MIT) South of Main Street (SoMa) Development in the heart of Kendall Square's innovation hub, LabCentral 238 is currently under construction and is expected to open in November 2021.
Representatives from the Baker-Polito Administration, MLSC, LabCentral, Astellas, Thermo Fisher Scientific and Waters Corporation will be discussing the news in a webcast this morning at 10 a.m. ET (click here to watch live or for a recording of the webcast).
- Johannes Fruehauf, co-founder and president of LabCentral
- Mike Kennealy, Massachusetts Housing and Economic Development Secretary, co-chair of the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center Board of Directors
- Kenn Turner, president and CEO of MLSC
- Yoshitsugu Shitaka, President of Astellas Institute for Regenerative Medicine (AIRM)
- Sandy Pound, VP and chief communications officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Rob Carson, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development, Waters Corporation
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/labcentral-announces-22-4-million-in-committed-funding-for-labcentral-238-including-new-sponsors-thermo-fisher-scientific-and-waters-corporation-301230743.html
IDEA Showcase Startup Pitch Event & Reception
Privacy for IoT
Keynote Presentation by Zoom