FreedomVOICE Proposes Telecommuting to Tackle the H1N1 Virus
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) FreedomVOICE® proposes telecommuting as a viable option to control the spread of the H1N1 virus in the workplace and offers tips to business owners to develop a work at home policy.
Encinitas, CA (Vocus) -- FreedomVOICE®, creators of the FreedomIQ® hosted VoIP PBX, have proposed telecommuting as a viable option to control the spread of the H1N1 virus in the workplace.
Whether we like it or not, the H1N1 virus is among us. While the virus affects our health, it can also affect our business. But smart CEO’s are taking precautions to end the virus’s daily commute.
“If an employee is feeling ill, they should be given the opportunity to work from home if they can still be productive,” said Eric Thomas, CEO of FreedomVOICE systems. “If the entire company is infected with the flu at the same time it could be devastating.” Telecommuting is a weapon being used at the forefront of the fight against H1N1. And with today’s advances in telecommunications technology there are a variety of options available to business owners who want to enable their employees to work from home. A popular telecommuting technology is hosted VoIP PBX phone systems. These Internet based phone systems allow you to seamlessly connect all members of your office, regardless of where they are located. One such product is the FreedomIQ Hosted VoIP PBX by FreedomVOICE.
“FreedomIQ is a VoIP phone system that you can utilize anywhere you have Internet access,” explains Thomas. “The device is perfect for telecommuters. It enables unified messaging, advanced call reporting, automatic call distribution, and more for a value driven rate.” While working from home used to be frowned upon, today, the practice has been largely adopted by companies in the US.
“According to recent research conducted by Techaisle, currently over 80% of businesses in the US have a work at home policy,” says Thomas. “But all businesses have the ability to help alleviate fears associated with the H1N1 virus by allowing those concerned to work from home.” FreedomVOICE offers the following as a basis for companies to evolve their own H1N1 work at home policy from.
How Managers Should Handle Employees Feeling Ill • Employees feeling ill should immediately be given the opportunity to work from home.
• Employees can continue to work from home as long as their manager feels they are being productive.
• The manager should delegate a set amount of work to the employee each day.
• Each day the employee should submit a list of what they have accomplished.
• Based on the accomplishments, the manager can decide whether the employee can work at home again or should take a sick day.
• Employees should only return to the office once they have been cleared by a doctor.
What Employees Need to be Productive While Working at Home? • Employees must be able to access all of the same items they can when they are in the office.
• Employees should be able to take their computer home or connect to their work computer remotely.
• Employees must set up their call forwarding to forward to a line that can be answered from home.
• Employees must have an area at their home where they can work without being distracted.
Other Important Items • Employees should be able to be reached by phone at all times.
• Employees should be able to be reached by email at all times.
• Employers should be able to be reach employees by dialing their work extension.
• If an employee misses a call they should call the employer back ASAP.
FreedomIQ is a business phone system which allows employees to access all of the same VoIP phone features at home as they can at the office. Managers can see how long employees have been on calls, who they have been on calls with, how many calls they’ve missed, how long they’ve been logged into their phone, and other important information. With these tools, managers can keep a close eye on employees, and employees can have all the advantages of office right at home.
Learn more about the FreedomIQ Hosted VoIP PBX.
About FreedomVOICE: Founded in 1996, FreedomVOICE® develops and markets FreedomIQ®, a hosted VoIP PBX service allowing businesses and professional offices to interact more effectively with their customers, clients, patients and associates. FreedomVOICE® also offers a comprehensive slate of integrated virtual office solutions, enabling business owners to enhance company image, communicate seamlessly with customers, track marketing effectiveness, and increase profitability.
Media Contact FreedomVOICE Systems John Lincoln Marketing Communications Manager (800) 477-1477 ex. 831 ### Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/11/prweb3166514.htm.
(c) 2009 PRWEB.COM Newswire