Skype Business Solutions

SUBSCRIBE TO TMCnet
TMCnet - World's Largest Communications and Technology Community

 

May 21, 2007

VARs and Partners Benefit from Skype Business Solutions

By Mae Kowalke, TMCnet Associate Editor

 
Value-added resellers in the IP communications industry are always on the lookout for new products and services that are easy to obtain and deploy, and will generate enough interest from clients to be profitable. With so many offerings out there, it may be confusing just which ones to select.
 
Once in a while, though, a product or service comes along that differentiates itself by either solving an established problem in a new way, or hits an even sweeter spot by offering value in a relatively untouched segment of the market. An example is VoSKY Technologies’ line of VoSKY Exchange gateways and add-on products, which turn the free, Internet-based Skype (News - Alert) calling service into a business tool.
 
VoSKY Technologies, which has been offering Skype-related solutions since 2005, was founded with a simple yet compelling mission: enable businesses, not only consumers, to leverage the world’s largest free VoIP network.
 
The idea behind all of VoSKY Technologies’ products is that Skype for business is a great idea whose time has come. As such, the company helps businesses reduce the cost of long-distance and international phone calls, and achieve strategic advantage, using Skype.
 
VoSKY Exchange offers some key advantages for value-added resellers (VARs) and other companies that partner with VoSKY Technologies. This Skype for business solution is compelling because it preserves the investment clients have made in their phone systems, while delivering significant cost savings. This is especially true in the small to medium-sized (SMB) market.
 
Most SMBs today are looking first at ways to reduce phone system costs; advanced features and the efficiencies that come with them often take second fiddle to the bottom line. Therefore, VARs need to maintain a significant portfolio of easy-to-deploy, inexpensive solutions that help reduce phone system costs. VoSKY fits into this niche nicely.
 
VoSKY enables clients to take advantage of VoIP today, without sacrificing their existing investment in phone system equipment. This Skype for business solution is both backwards compatible (works with TDM phones and PBXs) and future-proof (compatible with IP-based infrastructure). This means an SMB needing cost savings now can sign on with VoSKY, and be assured that in a year or two when more advanced phone system features are needed (requiring infrastructure upgrades) it will still be able to reap the benefits of Skype.
 
As much as 80 percent of VAR business relies on existing client bases, many of which are not looking at IP telephony upgrades immediately. (The remaining 20 percent or so, looking at immediate system upgrades, represent a much more competitive segment of the market.) VoSKY is an ideal solution to serve the majority, established client base.
 
To learn more about the benefits of VoSKY Exchange for VARs and partners, please visit VoSKY Technologies’ channel on TMCnet.com, Skype Business Solutions.

Mae Kowalke previously wrote for Cleveland Magazine in Ohio and The Burlington Free Press in Vermont. To see more of her articles, please visit Mae Kowalke’s columnist page. Also check out her Wireless Mobility blog.


Technology Marketing Corporation

2 Trap Falls Road Suite 106, Shelton, CT 06484 USA
Ph: +1-203-852-6800, 800-243-6002

General comments: tmc@tmcnet.com.
Comments about this site: webmaster@tmcnet.com.

STAY CURRENT YOUR WAY

© 2021 Technology Marketing Corporation. All rights reserved | Privacy Policy