|Here are this season’s Annual Holiday Gift Guide offerings from D-Link (News - Alert), the end-to-end networking solutions provider for consumers and business. D-Link offers new and unique gift-giving ideas that are affordable, high-quality, trend-setting and loads of fun for everyone.
* The D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit Router (DIR-655) is the best-reviewed Draft 802.11n wireless networking router in the market with fastest and farthest-reaching wireless signals. Gigabit ports for the super fast wired connections. Suggested retail price is MSRP: $179.99.
* The D-Link Xtreme N Gaming Router (DGL-4500) is jam-packed with features to palpitate the taste buds of even the most superlative online gamer. The updated GameFuel technology let’s people to get their game on smoother, with no lag time. Suggested retail price is MSRP: $239.99.
* D-Link’s PowerLine HD Network Kit (DHP-301) provides both wired and wireless services. People can extend their home network by using the existing electrical wiring already in their house and can enjoy high-definition media streaming, online gaming and other next-generation digital home applications. It’s a great complement to a wireless home network. Suggested retail price is MSRP: $189.99.
* The new D-Link MediaLounge Wireless HD Media Player (DSM-520) with Active-TV Technology can be connected to a home network, either wireless or wired, it can stream music, photos and HD videos to your TV and home entertainment systems quickly and with the highest quality technology available. Media sharing in home whether people are at their PC or TV. Suggested retail price is MSRP: $249.99.
* D-Link Mobile Wireless Router (DIR-450) is offered for traveling businessperson. The Mobile Wireless Router is designed to provide a wireless "hot spot" anywhere the user goes within a wireless broadband network. By connecting the router to an EV-DO notebook adapter and they can check their email and browse the Web while sharing files, printers and storage content. It supports secure wireless protocols for protection against viruses, hacking and identity theft, and it can be installed into a wireless network in minutes with automatic Internet connection. Suggested retail price is $229.99.
Store & Share:
* Virtual library with family photos, videos and other precious data stored on PCs and laptops around the house, can be shared using the new award-winning D-Link 2-Bay Network Storage Enclosure (DNS-323). Using the latest technology in high-volume storage and high-speed data transfer, the DNS-323 lets stream files throughout the home network. Suggested retail price is MSRP: $229.99.
* D-Link’s SECURESPOT (DSD-150) is designed to prevent unwanted Internet content from invading family domain. Supporting up to four computers with the initial one-year subscription at $99.99, it is the first hardware, software and web-based solution to combat damaging viruses and spam, annoying pop-ups and dangerous content. This multi-layered security device with extensive parental controls is housed in a small box that installs between a broadband modem and a router, providing extra firewall protection. After the first year, the cost is $79.99 per year, and additional licenses are available for $19.99 each. All D-Link consumer products are available online at, www.dlinkshop.com.
Calvin Azuri is a contributing editor for TMCnet. To see more of his articles, please visit his columnist page .