Healthcare Interpreting Programs: Getting It Approved, Setting It Up, and Ensuring Quality
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
2:00pm EST/ 11:00am PST
Learn best practices for setting up a comprehensive language services program for Limited English Proficient (LEP) patients in health care. Hear tips on getting management and staff buy-in for a successful program; explore hardware options and considerations for telecom, data collection, and reporting; and learn best practices for ongoing quality assurance.
What Attendees will learn:
Who should attend:
- Best practices for launching or revamping a successful language access program
- Industry standards in health care for the provision of interpretation and translation services
- Strategic planning and budgeting recommendations
- Online resources available to healthcare organizations
- Healthcare technology professionals
- Managers and coordinators of Language Services programs
- Hospital administrators and healthcare managers
- All clinical staff that utilize Language Services in health care
Jason Roberson, M.A.
Pacific Interpreters, Inc.
Training Manager – Interpreter Programs
Jason Roberson is the Training Manager for Interpreter Programs at Pacific Interpreters, Inc. He lives in Charleston, SC and was previously the Coordinator of Interpreter Services at the Medical University of South Carolina. He also taught college-level Spanish and linguistics for 12 years and has graduate degrees in Spanish Linguistics from Penn State and in Hispanic Civilization from NYU. Jason worked as a medical interpreter and a court interpreter in Georgia, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina and has spent several years living, studying, and working in Spain. He was also a committee member, board member, and the co-chair of the Membership Committee of the National Council on Interpreting in Health Care (NCIHC) from 2005-2011.
Erik K Linask
Group Editorial Director
Erik oversees the daily operation of TMCnet, which delivers news, information, videos, white papers, podcasts, and more to three million visitors each month. He is also a contributor to TMCnet as well as TMC’s IP Communications publications. Prior to joining the TMC team, several years ago, he was Managing Editor at Global Custodian, a global securities services publication, where he also managed the magazine’s survey research. Erik began his professional career at management