Moving 60/80 GHz Solutions to the Edge
High Capacity Millimeter Wave Solutions for 4G/LTE Backhaul
September 27, 2012
2:00pm EDT/ 11:00am PDT
According to a recent report by Cisco (Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile
Data Traffic Forecast Update, 2011–2016), mobile data traffic is expected to grow at a CAGR of 78 percent between 2011 and 2016. With this mobile data explosion, carriers are looking at new ways of offloading traffic and considering new topologies such as micro or picocells to help with the capacity crunch. Millimeter wave solutions operating in the 60 – 80 GHz bands are expected to play a major role in the rollout of these 4G/LTE services.
As more regulators open millimeter wave spectrum, equipment vendors continue to increase functionality and drive down radio costs, these solutions will play a critical role in both macrocell and picocell backhaul in next gen mobile networks.
Join 4GWE/TMCNet and BridgeWave Communications for an educational webinar and learn how these 60 – 80 GHz millimeter wave solutions provide mobile operators with a cost effective, future-proof backhaul solution as they roll out 4G/LTE services.
Attendees will learn?
Who should attend?
- The drivers behind the exponentially increasing bandwidth demands of next generation mobile networks & how operators are architecting their networks to handle this data explosion.
- How millimeter wave radios are ideal for next generation base station interconnect and can cost effectively handle these demands in both the macrocell & smallcell networks.
- Characteristics of 70/80 GHz millimeter wave systems, how they differ from their lower frequency band counterparts & how they can effectively address macrocell backhaul connectivity.
- Characteristics of 60 GHz millimeter wave systems and how this unique frequency band is ideal for small cell (micro/picocell) backhaul.
- Network Operators
- Mobile Carriers
- Service Providers
- Network Architecture Consultants
SVP of Business Development, BridgeWave Communications
Paul Obsitnik has more than 20 years experience in sales, marketing and business development positions and a proven track record in technology companies. His areas of focus & expertise include strategic planning, market development, product management and product marketing.
Prior to BridgeWave, Paul served in executive and senior management marketing and business development positions at Venturi Wireless, TeleCommunication Systems, ONI Systems and NorthPoint Communications. Paul holds a BSEE degree from the United States Naval Academy and MBA from the Harvard Graduate School of Business.
Community Developer 4GWE
Carl Ford is Co-Founder of Crossfire Media focused on the impact of communication technology on consumers and industry. Carl has been highlighting the key initiatives around the advances of the Commercial Internet since the beginning. From developing Product and service strategies to moderating meetings at ETSI, Carl’s 20+ years have always focused on the impact that service cost, regulatory and marketing issues have in rolling out new services.
As a community developer for Pulvermedia, Carl developed all of the VON Conference content. As an integral part of the IP Communications community, Carl has been instrumental in helping develop various trade organizations and has advised many companies on both strategic and technical issues to satisfy the needs of these company’s customers.