Track: TMC University: SIP: The Foundation for Building Enhance Services (TMCU5)
Introduction: SIP as the Foundation
|Thursday - 09/18/08, 8:15-9:00am|
- SIP compared with other telephony protocols.
- The structure of the SIP protocol.
- The components in a SIP-based multimedia telephony network.
- SIP network based multimedia services.
- SIP and the IMS network.
St. Edward's University, Austin, TX
Signaling: SIP, SS7 & Integrating your Network with the Legacy Infrastructure
|Thursday - 09/18/08, 9:15-10:00am|
- Transition to Converged Networks
- Integrating SS7 and SIP
- Evolution to IP Multimedia Subsystem
- Example: Prepaid on a Converged Network using SIP
Director, Gateway Product Management
Media: Voice and Video in your SIP Environment
|Thursday - 09/18/08, 10:15-11:00am|
- Common Audio and Video Codecs
- Media/Codec Negotiations
- Tuning Your Network for Voice and Video
- QoS issues, metrics and user quality expectations
Transitioning to IMS via your SIP Based Network
|Thursday - 09/18/08, 1:00-1:45pm|
- Understanding the pre-IMS architecture and its impact on service providers
- Understanding the high-level IMS architecture and its impact on service providers
- The important factors in considering a transition to an IMS architecture
Sr. Channel Manager, Marketing
Smart phones, Femtocells and VoIP, delivering the promise of Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC)
|Thursday - 09/18/08, 2:00-2:45pm|
- The drivers for Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC)
- The differences between the major types of FMC implementations - UMA, IMS and Femtocells
- The importance of SIP in all the major types
- The role of IMS standards and new devices such as the Blackberry and iPhone
- Converged Services being deployed around the world
Product Marketing & Business Development
TMC University Exam
|Thursday - 09/18/08, 3:00-3:45pm|