Go Farther For Less With Cheapflights.ca's Summer Travel Picks
10 Places to Go Where the Airfare is Low
TORONTO, April 19, 2017 /CNW/ -- With warmer weather comes the itch to travel, and this year many far-off destinations have gotten a bit closer thanks to great deals and falling airfares. Cheapflights.ca, the champions of simple travel search, has crunched its data to find vacation hot spots where average airfares for this summer are bargains in waiting for Canadian travellers.
To make our picks for 10 places to go where the airfare is low, the Cheapflights.ca team calculated the average airfare for travel in June, July and August to a range of destinations to find out where discounts and deals meet great getaways.
Here are a few of the popular destinations that made our list for places to go this summer:
- Faro, Portugal – If you've ever dreamed of travelling to Portugal, this summer might be the best time to do it, as airfares are down nearly 24 per cent from last year, with an average flight costing C$805 roundtrip. The capital of Portugal's Algarve region, Faro is a beautiful spot to base yourself for a vacation, with nearby beaches, a picturesque old town and many outdoor cafés made for long afternoons relaxing with a glass of local wine. This quieter town is also the perfect jumping off point for accessing some of the Algarve's other seaside gems – like Albufeira, Benagil and popular Lagos – all of which are a quick train ride away.
- Beijing, China – Cross the Great Wall of China off your travel bucket list with a summer trip to attraction-packed Beijing. Flights are averaging C$1,050 roundtrip, which is down almost 14 per cent from last year. In addition to the imposig must-see that is the Great Wall, Beijing is home to ornate temples, leafy parks, grand palaces, bustling markets filled with locals and tourists alike, and historic hutongs (traditional neighbourhoods laid out among narrow, winding alleyways).
- Singapore – Singapore may have a reputation for being expensive, but flying there doesn't have to be, especially this summer when airfare is down seven per cent and a flight to the stunning city-state is averaging C$1,150 roundtrip. Once you're there, there's so much to see and do, your only concern will be deciding what to add to your itinerary. Some highlights include walking through the tranquil (and free) Singapore Botanic Garden, filling up on Indian food in bustling Little India, shopping your way along Orchard Road or winding your way through colourful Chinatown.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico – A summer vacation in Costa Rica is never a bad idea, especially when the average cost of a roundtrip flight is just C$540, down over seven per cent from last year. As Costa Rica's capital and largest city, San Jose is home to historic neighbourhoods, museums, parks and restaurants. The city makes for a good jumping off point for anyone interested in visiting some of Costa Rica's best beaches or national parks.
- Montreal, Quebec – Whether you're a foodie in search of Instagram-worthy dishes to knock off your culinary bucket list, a night owl looking for some exciting nightlife, or a shopaholic looking to peruse your way through Montreal's best boutiques, there's something for everyone in this cosmopolitan city. The city's calendar of events will be extra full this summer as it celebrates its 375th birthday, but that's not the only reason to book a trip to Montreal this summer. With roundtrip flights averaging just C$495 this summer, now might be the perfect time to go.
If those five don't get your mind wandering, these money-saving bucket-list-worthy spots also made the list: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; San Jose, Costa Rica; Phuket, Thailand; Las Vegas, Nevada, and Manchester, England. To find out what they offer travellers, head to Cheapflights.ca's complete list of 10 places to go where the airfare is low at www.cheapflights.ca/news/summer-airfare-deals.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Founded in 1996, Cheapflights is a leading global flight comparison and deals publishing platform dedicated to taking the complexity out of finding the best value flights through the application of innovative, intuitive technologies: Smart search. Made simple. It is now a market leader in the UK, US, Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand generating more than C$4 billion in global downstream revenue for its partners as it expands into numerous other territories. More than 120 million users visit its websites and apps each year, receiving more than two billion search results a month from across 900,000 routes. The 10 million strong opt-in subscribers to the Cheapflights newsletter receive the best deals from more than 120 travel businesses – for whom it has driven more than C$80 million in revenue this year. Together, the Cheapflights platforms generate enough bookings for its partners to fill a Boeing 747 every five minutes.
In 2011, Cheapflights became part of the privately owned online travel search and inspiration network, Momondo Group.
Follow us on:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/go-farther-for-less-with-cheapflightscas-summer-travel-picks-300442042.html
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]