(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Albany, New York (PRWEB) August 24, 2014
Electroencephalography (EEG) and Electromyography (EMG) equipment is used to monitor electrical activity on the body. EEG measures the fluctuation in voltage resulting from the current flow of the brain while, EMG records the electrical activity of skeletal muscles. In EEG and EMG, electric signals are read for brain and muscle tissue respectively, can are amplified and digitized which can be later analyzed and processed on a computer. This has helped in understanding brain-muscle coordination and also assisted in neural therapies. EEG is most often used to diagnose epilepsy, encephalopathies, sleep disorders, coma, and brain death. EMG is advised for the diagnosis of nerve compression or injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, nerve root injury, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, myasthenia gravis, muscular dystrophy and other disorders of the muscles or nerves.
Earlier EEG was the first line diagnostic method for tumors, stroke and other brain disorders, but with the advent of imaging techniques such as MRI and CT, their demand decreased. Despite this, EEG still continues to be a valuable tool, especially in cases where millisecond-range temporal resolution is required which is not possible with computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). EEG/EMG systems also have significant advantages over MRI and CT equipment in terms of cost and space.
The global market for EEG/EMG equipment is fuelled by aging population and increasing prevalence of neurological disorders. According to report published by Neurological Alliance Company Limited, U.K., over 10 million individuals in U.K. are some kind of neurological disorder, of these, about 1 million are disabled by the neurological condition. In another report by World Health Organization, most of the people diagnosed with dementia live in developing countries, and the prevalence is rising from 60% in 2001 to an estimate of about 70% by 2040. This high prevalence will drive the global EEG/EMG equipment market in the future. Consistent research activities in the field of cerebral and spinal disorders have also added to the popularity of EEG/EMG equipments. EEG/EMG equipment has assumed significant importance, especially in emergency room, as changes in cerebral functions are often vital precursor to various degenerative diseases. In spite of these advantages, advanced technologies may cannibalize the market for EEG/EMG equipment market. Key reasons for the senescence of the market will be miniaturization of medical devices, refinement in CT, MRI and other technologies, and introduction of newer technology in the future. These restraints can overcome by technological development in the EEG/EMG equipment currently used. Wearable form of these devices has been successful in the market. Thus advances in technology for substitute products will have a lower impact.
Although North America and Europe occupy majority of the global EEG/EMG equipment market, Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market owing to developing medical sector, and rising per capita income making expensive medical treatment affordable. Increasing trend for medical tourism in these regions is also a major factor driving the market growth. High prevalence of diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases and others is also high in these developing economies; hence a larger pool of target market exists. Combined effect of these factors will leverage the global EEG/EMG equipment market. Major players in the market include Compumedics Limited, Covidien Limited, Natus Medical Inc., NeuroWave Systems Inc., Electrical Geodesics Inc., Cadwell Laboratories Inc., Nihon Kohden America Inc. and Noraxon U.S.A., Inc.
This research report analyzes this market on the basis of its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include:
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Rest of the World Request for customization of this report: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=2872. This report provides comprehensive analysis of:
• Market growth drivers
• Factors limiting market growth
• Current market trends
• Market structure
• Market projections for upcoming years This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter's five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis. Reasons for Buying This Report
• This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
• It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
• It provides a six-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
• It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
• It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
• It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
• It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA/Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12114511.htm
(c) 2014 PRWEB.COM Newswire