(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) London, Southwark (PRWEB UK) 12 August 2014
In the context of smart grid deployments today, Distribution Automation (DA) refers to intelligent distribution systems that are fully controllable and flexible, and that can help operate the grid more efficiently due to their embedded intelligence. The lessons learned from smart grid pilots over the last 5 years are leading to proven reliability improvements and verified grid efficiencies, which in turn have become powerful drivers for growth in the DA market. According to a new report from Navigant Research, revenue from DA systems will grow from $6.3 billion in 2013 to more than $11.3 billion in 2020. ~Source: Navigant Research, Smart Grid Distribution Automation Revenue Will Surpass $11 Billion by 2020, 2014
This year's Distribution Automation Europe Summit will give delegates a clear understanding of how to derive maximum value from your distribution automation investments. Discover how to facilitate the impact and growth of renewables and improve communication system architecture to increase the reliability and efficiency of future networks. This event will feature key presentations and case studies delivered by senior industry decision makers, such as Scottish Power, Bloomberg, Alliander, UK Power Networks, E.ON Innovation Center Distribution, Scottish and Southern Power Distribution, Union Fenosa Distribucion, DNV GL - Energy, Verdantix and Electricity North West.
Key Speakers Include:
• David Trebolle, Active Management, Network and Control and Advanced Applications, Union Fenosa Distribucion
• Stuart Neumann, Director, Advisory Services, Verdantix
• John Kirkwood, Automation NCP Manager, Scottish Power Energy Networks
• Bas Mulder, Senior Consultant, Operational Excellence, DNV GL - Energy
• Pavla Mandatova, Advisor, Eurelectric
• Furong Li, EPSRC Advanced Research Fellow, University of Bath
• Stewart Reid, Future Network Policy Manager, Scottish and Southern Energy Power Distribution
• Goran Strbac, Chair, Electrical Energy Systems, Imperial College London
• Colin MacKerracher, Senior Analysts, Bloomberg Key Topics For 2014
• Centralising distributed logical control for system performance improvement
• How Big Data Provides Utilities with a Unique Lever to Optimize the Grid
• The new role of DSOs: IT and regulatory framework as key enablers
• Role and value of flexible technologies in supporting efficient Distribution Network Operation and development
• The integration of renewables using Voltage Regulated Distribution Transformer (VRDT)
In preparation for this year's event, the DA team spoke with David Trebolle, Active Management, Network Control and Advanced Applications, Union Fenosa Distribucion.
Download the full interview at our 'downloads' tab on the website.
For those who are interested in attending, there is currently a £300 reduced rate through online registrations, using the following code: SMI5T3Q.
4th annual Distribution Automation Europe
29-30 September, 2014
Holiday Inn Regents Park Hotel, London, UK
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses, and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance, and Pharmaceutical industries.
We pride ourselves on having access to the world's most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share, and Network. We hold events in over 30 major cities throughout the world, including London, Paris, and Singapore, and to date, have welcomed over 200,000 participants from 80 countries.