An e-newsletter? 6 reasons why you need one [LifeHealthPro]
(LifeHealthPro Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Not too long ago, e-newsletters were part of nearly every marketing strategy. Then blogging and social media came along, and e-newsletters lost their luster. Today, however, more and more companies are embracing content marketing and customer relationship management, leading to resurgence in e-newsletters.
Why are e-newsletters thriving? One reason is the relationship between the publisher and the recipient. Generally, recipients have "opted in." And even if they don't read an e-newsletter immediately, they are interested in receiving it.
According to The New York Times, "people have grown tired of the endless stream of information on the Internet. An email newsletter generally shows up in your inbox because you asked for it and it includes links to content you have deemed relevant. In other words, it's important content you want in list form, which seems like a suddenly modern approach."
Here are 6 things e-newsletters can do for your marketing campaign:
1. Deliver high-value content. An e-newsletter is an ideal channel for sharing solution-oriented content, such as case studies or "how to" information.
2. Enhance your brand. A quality e-newsletter with interesting, insightful content reflects positively on your brand and touts your expertise, which can help differentiate you from competitors.
3. Build customer relationships. An e-newsletter helps you connect with customers. Providing information to enable people to do their jobs better increases your value.
4. Nurture sales leads. An e-newsletter is an easy way to make frequent, low-pressure contact with prospects and demonstrate why you're qualified.
5. Drive website traffic. Most companies host e-newsletter content on their websites and send HTML emails with website links. Once a reader is on your site, you can use the opportunity to encourage deeper engagement.
6. Humanize the business. People do business with people they like. An e-newsletter can help you introduce your team to your clients and prospects.
Just because it's been around for a while, doesn't mean you should turn your back on the e-newsletter. What's old is new again!
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
Build a better e-newsletter 7 steps to newsletter success 4 reasons to keep sending your e-newsletter
Jean M. Gianfagna is a marketing strategy expert and the founder and president of Gianfagna Strategic Marketing which provides marketing strategy and creative services to leading business-to-business and consumer marketers. Read her blog for more marketing tips at http://www.gianfagnamarketing.com/blog.
(c) 2014 Summit Business Media. All Rights Reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]