(ClickPress (UK) Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) [ClickPress, Mon Jul 21 2014] Big Data and natural resources are made for each other and the natural resources industry is positioning itself to put this wealth of information to better use. Big Data is a comparatively untapped asset that organizations in this vertical can exploit once they adopt a shift of mindset and apply the right methods and processes.
In the natural resource industry, Big Data can come from conventional sources, which are equipment monitoring and maintenance records. Data from these sources is generally captured and used as required, but until now, it was not always preserved for long-term use. With the proper infrastructure and tools, natural resources organizations can gain measurable value from all of these data sources. As the quantity of data, the quantity of sources, and the regularity of data updates increases, so too does the value of Big Data.
Full Report Details at
This research evaluates the challenges and opportunities for leveraging Big Data and Analytics in the extraction and natural resources industries. The report analyzes companies, solutions, issues, and outlook for mining, water, timber, oil and gas including utilities. The report includes a review of the companies that we believe have key market advantages including scale and scope to best leverage Big Data and Analytics within the extraction and natural resources industry. The report also includes a forecast for Big Data revenue 2014 - 2019.
* Telecom services companies
* Big Data and Analytics companies
* Telecom and IT infrastructure companies
* Data infrastructure, cloud, and services companies
* Extraction and natural resources management companies
Companies in Report:
* BHP Billiton
* CA Technologies
* Conoco Phillips
* Dow Jones
* GE Water
* International Telecommunication
* ITT Corporation
* Kuwait Petroleum Corp.
* National Iranian Oil Co.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Koch Industries, Inc. Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report, 2013 Update
- Simmons & Company International Limited - Oil & Gas - Advisory Profile
- Reliance Industries Limited Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report, 2013 Update
- Global Business Survey: MandA Trends and Key Markets for Growth in 2013-2014
- Oil and Gas Pipelines Industry Outlook in North America, 2014 - Details of Operating and Planned Crude Oil, Petroleum Products and Natural Gas Pipelines
(c) 2014 ClickPress Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).